Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does Memory Leak if Data Can't be Loaded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Memory Leak if Data Can't be Loaded?

I'm running NinjaTrader version 8.0.23.1 64-bit connected to Kinetick (via IQFeed) and Interactive Brokers. I've been experimenting with Preferred connections settings (Control Center > Tools > Options > Market data > General > Preferred connections), and coincident with this experimentation my computer has run out of virtual memory twice. Each time the Windows Event Viewer has logged a Warning that reads "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: NinjaTrader.exe ..."

To be more specific, I toggled the preferred connections for Index from IQFeed to Interactive Brokers, and then I tried to load data for an instrument that I've defined as ^DJUS. NinjaTrader tried to load data for this instrument; it didn't succeed, but it didn't stop trying, and then my computer ran out of virtual memory.

Is this a known problem with NT? Do the NT developers know about it, and might they investigate and fix the problem sometime in the future?

Thank you in advance for any insight you might provide.

Hello NtFan,

Thank you very much for reporting this to us.

While the installed version is slightly out of date (our current version is 8.0.23.2) I would like to take a closer look at your log & trace files, to see if we can track down what might be causing this and if it still occurs in the most recent version.

Before upgrading the platform, could you please send me your log & trace files? You may do so directly through the platform by clicking on Help > Email Support.

Please also note the following in the email, this ensures it will be associated with your forum post:

ATTN Manfred 2940377

If possible, please also take a screenshot of the ^DJUS instrument setting and attach it either to your reply or in this post, that way we can recreate it on our end with exactly the same settings.

Last but not least, once this information has been submitted, I would suggest updating the platform to test whether you are able to still recreate this with the most up to date version.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Manfred F. FYI I tried to replicate the problem, but I cannot do so. Please disregard.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post helpwanted