Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart updates fail or are extremely slow (10+ min) using IB TWS for realtime data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart updates fail or are extremely slow (10+ min) using IB TWS for realtime data

I’ve been having a problem loading charts using IB TWS and NinjaTrader 8. NT connects to IB, but it can take many minutes for very limited charts to update and they sometimes never do. Even when they do load it’s not a 2 minute delay, it’s more like 10 to 20 minutes. My charts are simple with some drawings and only 3 indicators (SMA) in use. I'm only requesting data from IB for 2 symbols and those are hourly bars for 150 days back.

Right now NT is connected to both IB and Kinetic EOD. My TNA chart has shown “loading…” for hours. An open 60 minute chart on IB’s TWS shows a price of 78.77 and is updating normally while the same chart on NT shows 78.02. Both IB and the Kinetic EOD feeds are connected.

I’ve gone through the configuration on both Ninjatrader and IB a number of times using your configuration guide and if I’ve made an error, I’m not finding it. Likewise I find nothing flagged as an error when I set the TWS API log to “detailed” and there are no errors in the NT log. IB shows connected with a green status. I’ve gone through the NT8 Tech Support forum looking for a solution, but have not found one.

My configuration is as follows:

System: Windows 7 Home Premium V6.1.7601 - 8GB memory
    Software:
    NinjaTrader Version: 8.0.23.2 64-bit
    java version "1.8.0_281" – Used link in Ninjatrader IB configuration guide
    IB TWS – 978.2c Used link in Ninjatrader IB configuration guide

I have only 3 symbols in use on a total of 5 charts. Only 2 should be accessing IB.

TNA – Daily and 60 minute – 60m set to 150 days – Default 24x7
    CSCO – Daily and 60 minute – 60m set to 150 days - RTH
    YM – Daily

Preferred connections (stocks, futures, indexes) are set to Kinetic for historical data and IB for real-time.

I know IB is relatively slow when it’s working, but I find no reference in your support forums for these kind of delays and failures.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by raintrader; 01-28-2021, 06:48 PM.

Hello raintrader,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2940704" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes