Collapse

1(9) Template Workspace : vary Charts ( TF ) , 3 Trading Hours & 3+ instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1(9) Template Workspace : vary Charts ( TF ) , 3 Trading Hours & 3+ instruments

Good day ,

First :
    I am using NT8 since half a year day/day and I am so glad I selected NT & Continuum , all integrated . Further all support provided to always outstanding . Probably my best descision I ever made in trading if it comes to supporting environment . Thank you @Ninjatrader team !!!

Second : ... my opportunity
    • I am trading at Continuum MNQ , MES and M2K and yesterday first time ever also RTY (will hopefully become more ) .
    • Chart setup is the same for any instrument DOM , 4 Charts using full NT8 Orderflowpackage Range , 1 MIN , 30MIN and Day
    • Trading Hours are ETH , RTH and German Equities

Assuming 3 instruments and 3 different settings for trading hours , I wanted to create for each 1 workspace, so total 9 workspaces .

And the idea is , that I can switch between any of them at shortest notice ( A : comparing one instrument before switching trading hourse before/after pivots B : sreen for best opportunities )

When doing this w/o asking for support , either the instruments wouldn´t change with the workspace or settings of trading hours didn´t adjust . Further chart updating requires reloading . Also I "feel" I might have a chance to reduce calc times be optimising settings ?

Please let me enjoy your support : what is the best way of achieving my setup and have it running in an efficient manner ?

Please feel free to point me to videos or other threads if my issue has been addressed already in the past .

Thank you

Best regards and friendly greetings
    Wolfgang

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The best way to achieve this would be to create separate workspaces and tab between them. Pressing SHIFT+F3 keys together will cycle to the next open workspace.

Loading less days and indicators on the charts can also increase the loading speed. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
    Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good morning Marco and thank you very much for your response I do need further assistance ...

- I am aware of the option to use different workspace´s WS . When saving one and the same WS twice using 2 different names and the one only difference is the instrument , when
      than selecting the different WS , the instrument will NOT change . What am I doing wrong .

- I cannot open the link you propose .

Thanks
      Wolfgang

Comment

Here is a short video demonstrating how to copy a workspace, change an instrument on that new copied workspace, and quickly switch between two workspaces:

Comment

Patrick , that is 100% my issue . Really , I thought I did as you described .... I will repeat . Thank you so much ! I ll come back . Thanks Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo_Trader View Post
            Patrick , that is 100% my issue . Really , I thought I did as you described .... I will repeat . Thank you so much ! I ll come back . Thanks Wolfgang
            Hello Patrick ,

I did as you showed me and created all WS new from scratch ( plus reduced # of days to load ) . The charts get saved OK but when I switch the WS (shft & F3) , the instrument doesn´t change to what I assumed , I saved the WS with . So , my issues remains unfortunatetly . The behavior of my plattform clearly is different to what yours shows in the clip you made .Either me the user or for some reason my software is the root .

What would be my next steps , please .?

Thanks again
            Wolfgang

Comment

Attached the different WS I save as described by the names . When switch using SHFT&F3 or click the name, the WS switches but the instrument remains as was .

Comment

Simply renaming the workspace doesn't change the instrument in that workspace. Can you clarify that after creating the second workspace you're going into your charts and actually changing the instrument? Please rewatch my video and follow the steps I took precisely.

Comment

Dear NT team ....I did all out of scratch ( w/o reinstalling NT8 on my PC ) .

The issue remains , but I could circle it in more detail :

When doing all ( 100 % to the last detail ) as shown in the clip and when I than open a closed WS , the WS will open with the instrument, it was stored with .

When than after having once opened multiple WS fresh from database with different instrument, I intend to switch , the instrument will remain . But the active WS will switch ( green coloured ID in the WS list window at the control center ) .
                  Next step I close all WS w/o storing them again until NT8 opens WS "untitled" .
                  Than I open again the WS and all opens ok .
                  If than again I intend to switch WS , irrespective of wether I click with mouse or use SHFT&F3 , the instrument will not switch along with the change of the WS .

Aside of all this - during my testing - it also now shows in one WS changing formats ( droping "Order Flow Cummulative Delta" in 2 charts ) . And I am 100% certain I did not change .
                  I think this is beyond the scope of the forum and I will raise a ticket and ask for help ; I reference this thread though .

Thanks
                  Wolfgang

Comment

Hello Wolfgang,

Please see my response to the email you sent to platform support.

Can you please send me the 2 workspaces so I can test them on my end. You can find workspaces at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces.

If you save the workspace with the instrument you want and the Order Flow indicators applied, then switch to a different workspace and then switch to the workspace in question, does it contain the instrument and Order Flow indicators?

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, just responded . Again : Cannot thank you enough for looking at this matter even though this is Sunday !!! Wolfgang

Comment

Usually the issue sits in front of the screen and not in the software .

It took Jason few moments to find out, that I didn t fully understood the functionality of the "instrument link" between charts ; the colour coded box to the upper right of each chart and the DOM .

The feature I wasn´t aware off , is the fact , that this link is functional for all open workspaces and all charts which carry the same colour code ( versus the currently visible workspace ) .

I had for all workspaces and all instruments ( in my case M2K , MES , MNQ ) the same colour selection . In one workspace , my intend is to have one instrument . But my chart templates across the different instruments are the same but the trading hour and the instrument . My mistake was, that I had all workspace opened and all the same colour even though my intend was to switch also between instruments .
                        Solution : Select one colour for one instrument across ALL workspaces . I have 3 different workspaces per instrument ( 3 different trading hours ) and three different instruments .... I will need three different colours , I will have three sets of workspaces per colour ( 1 set per trading hour ) .

@Jason : once again ..... I thank you so much ! I was already a fan of NT but I am becoming really enthusiastic about Ninjatrader software , the brokerage has not let me down one single time and the service , especially yours now here , execeeds clearly my expactations . I hope you may enjoy the rest of your Sunday !

Best regards
                        Wolfgang

Comment

After a couple of hours life with 10 different workspaces and up to 5 instruments life at the same time ( much more, than what I really need ) , 4 charts and one DOM , all sorts of different calc intensive Order flow indicators I may confirm 100% functionality . I can switch from WS to WS within less than a second I can see the new WS . absolutetly outstanding ! Thank you NT Team

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Barry Milan  
                          Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                          14 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Handclap0241