NT 8 not reacting to OIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 not reacting to OIF

I'm using NT 8.0.23.2 64-bit. AIT is enabled. I entered BUY MKT directly into the DOM so I'll be long 1 underlying. Then I checked if NT will flatten the order using an OIF.

The contents of the OIF were copied from the NIT8 help file: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._files_oif.htm.

I tried these methods but none of them caused NT to take action. The OIF just sat in the incoming folder.
    1. writing the OIF directly into "My Documents\<NinjaTrader Folder>\incoming".
    2. copying the OIF from another folder into "My Documents\<NinjaTrader Folder>\incoming"
    3. moving the OIF from another folder into "My Documents\<NinjaTrader Folder>\incoming"

I've attached the trace file. The trace file does not reference any OIF either.

I'm using an external program to write the OIF into NT's incoming folder, so an indicator solution would not work.

Please advise and thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

Hello shinobe,

Thank you for your post.

There's a known issue where dragging and dropping the files doesn't work. We do have an addon we can use to test the OIF functionality that uses a Streamreader/Streamwriter to read OIF files and place them in the incoming folder.

I'm attaching this add-on below. It will create an "OIF Source" folder in your Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder. You can test whether OIF is working correctly by installing the below add-on, then opening the add-on window from the New menu (New > OIF Submitter).

Once you have that window open, place some OIF files in the "OIF Source" folder. Once you've got a few in there, click the Submit Next OIF button in the OIF Submitter window. Does the OIF execute successfully?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Attached Files
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post dustydbayer  
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM