Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help - NT8 won't start and I cant uninstall, reinstall or repair. OneDrive Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zachary,

Thank you I had to do that for a bunch of .dlls. They were in the folder but looks like the references as you indicated had to be resolved.

What's interesting and a little creepy is this whole OneDrive issue, MS in the most surreptitious, intrusive disruptive way possible forces users onto their cloud storage area.

I uninstalled OneDrive and then reinstalled NT8 with the very useful link to bypass any OneDrive connection.

The last compiler error I received was for a LargeTradeStraategyNT8.cs file that was only located on a Ondrive directory.

I found it in a file manager search and deleted it and at least the patch name appearing in the search find showed OneDrive as the location.

How is that even possible, one that NT8 was looking for it there and also that I still have access to OneDrive?

Those aren't questions I'm asking you just things I thought you might find interesting asI am able to compile now and all the error have been resolved.

You have done more then enough in helping me through the day long ordeal. and I very much appreciate all your amazing help.

I've been down this road before with competing products that shall remain nameless. But I can guarantee you the assistance provided is not even in the same ball park as NT and I'd probably would have been down for days, on my own essentially and would have lost months of work in the process.

Thank you very much.

glen

Comment

Zachary,

Thank you very much that did the trick.

I didn't realize the OK did a recompile as it seems to complete faster then a normal compile using the Ninjascript editor.

I'm not a windows developer but very familiar with compiling, linking dynamic and static linking etc.

I thought when I saw the .dll in the custom folder that would be enough for the loading program to locate and invoke the code contained in the .dll.

You instructions which did the trick added a "reference" to the .dll .

Does that mean that the external reference location information was added to the exe to enable the program to locate and load the dll or something else.

thank you again for all your help.

glen

Comment

Hello Glen,

Thank you for your reply.

NinjaTrader will automatically reference .dll files for you when using the NinjaScript import utility. However, since we had to rebuild your environment and manually copy the .dll and .cs files to the new folder, the references were not added automatically and had to be manually redefined.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
          Hello demarcog,

My name is Melissa and I am a Team Lead with NinjaTrader Platform Support.

I wanted to thank you for the feedback and kind words regarding Zachary and your recent experience with Platform Support. Zachary is a very valued member of our support team and your comments further reinforce that. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and consider your note at the time of his next performance evaluation.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact us for any NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Happy trading!
          Hi Melissa,

You are very welcome the least I can do for all the extradentary help is to thank and also acknowledge the obvious.

Not to take anything from Zachary is he is certainly awesome and did a phenomenal job getting my system rebuilt.

I've actually been helped many times in the past in an equally extraordinary way by Chelsea, who could not be more patient and informative with my back testing issues . This also goes for Jim, Kate, Jesse, Justin, Manfred Emily and you also. I'm not just rattling off names it's amazing how they are so similar in their knowledge, patience , willingness to help and provide some of the best technical write up 's to explain and solve the problem.

I've been a support teams worst nightmare in the past! I'm paying for and need the software to work properly, and this is the first time I've been on the other side of that so it's only fair to call it like I see it.

Thank You,

Glen

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses