Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Live "Total commissions" tab behavior correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live "Total commissions" tab behavior correct?

I'd like to know if my NT8 is operating correctly for the "Total commissions" tab for my live account. I use Ninjatrader Continuum with Mirus. My live "Total commissions" tab only resets when I restart NT8. If I don't restart the software, live "Total commissions" doesn't reset and continues to accumulate as I trade (I'm a daytrader and do about 10-20 trades a day). Is this correct behavior, or is the live "Total commissions" column supposed to reset on a daily basis without restarting NT8? For my sim accounts, the "Total commissions" column resets on a daily basis without me restarting NT8.

Regards,
    Lee

Hello Xiongl80,

Thank you for your post.

The way that the Total Commissions is calculated is described as "The total commissions paid in the account for the session." Since it is calculated per session, it is expected that the value will accumulate if the platform is left open overnight. It should only reset when restarting NinjaTrader 8, so the behavior you described is correct. As far as the sim accounts resetting daily, do you do anything to reset the accounts themselves or change the account values? If so, that might explain why those are reset on a daily basis vs. your live account calculating based on the session.

For a more in-depth breakdown of the accounts tab information, please check out the help guide section here:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I don't do anything to reset the sim accounts. They reset automatically without restarting NT8 or anything. Would there be any reason my live account used to reset automatically on a daily basis too? This used to happen, but would always have a phantom value in the "Total commissions" column so I ended up changing my database and re-installing NT8 (helped from another NT tech). Now my live account doesn't reset daily on it's own anymore. I really preferred this since I don't reset NT8 daily.

Comment

Hello Xiongl80,

Thank you for your reply.

It is suggested in our Performance Tips that you restart NinjaTrader daily, however, I believe that disconnecting from your live account and then reconnecting again would potentially reset the commission values shown. A daily disconnect/reconnect can be important to make sure you are receiving the most up-to-date account balances from your broker as well. Is it possible that you were getting disconnected and reconnecting to your account daily in the past, though now your account is potentially staying connected throughout the night into the next day?

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist  
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes