Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Playback Not Working

Hello,

I haven’t been able to get my market replay to work. I’ve looked at a few posts regarding this topic and I’m still not able to resolve the issue. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hello Sadas,

Thank you for your post.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube videos that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Market Replay Connection, and replaying data:
    To use the Market Replay Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay:
    1. Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Data tab > check 'Record for market replay' > OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time.
    2. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.

To download replay data:
    • Select the File menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Utilities and select Download Replay Data... The Download Replay Data window appears.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download

Notes:
    • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
    • NOT available when connected to the Market Replay connection.

To start market replay, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Market Replay Connection by going to File> Connections > Market Replay Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right-clicking on the Market Replay controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

If this information still does not resolve the issue, please provide more details regarding what you are experiencing so we may better understand how to assist.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,

I have Ninja Trader 8; I’ve taken all the steps to download the data, I select “play” and the bar moves in the replay box but there is no movement on the chart. I’ve check the available data as well to ensure it matches the chart I currently have open as well.

Thank you,

Comment

Hello Sadas,

Thank you for your reply.

This post was originally in the NinjaTrader 7 section of the forum. It has now been moved to the NinjaTrader 8 section accordingly. We have the following video on our YouTube channel that goes over the Playback Connection in NinjaTrader 8:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It is good to know that you have checked the available data. I would suggest confirming again whether it is in the Historical or Market Replay section in the Historical Data window, and then make sure that your Playback Controller has the correct option selected to match (there are bubbles for Market Replay vs. Historical). Next, please try to right-click on the playback controller and say Go To. Select a date and time that is part of your available downloaded data and click OK. When you press the play button on the controller, does your chart move?

Another common issue is selecting a day to playback where there was low or no volume for the selected instrument. This could be due to the rollover of futures contracts or trying to playback data from the weekend or after-hours. This is worth taking into consideration.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Emily. It seems that the date selected didn’t have data as mentioned. I have selected a new date and it is now working. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rtwave
          by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes