Playback crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback crashes

When I start a playback session the session control window seems to crash. This occurs when I select a time I want to "Go To..."

The playback data is loaded without any issue and I can start the sessions if I click the play button after finishing loading the data. The crash only happens after sliding to the desired time, or when I use the "Go To..." option.

Breaking the connection and reconnecting allows me to restart the process, but results in another crash when I perform the before mentioned actions.

Hello Tw1que,

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background during the Playback session? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces. If you see a green icon in front of the workspace, it indicates the workspace is opened and displayed on your monitor. If you see a grey icon, the workspace is opened in the background. Meaning you don't see its windows, but it will receive data from the Playback connection. You can only have 1 workspace display on your monitor at a time. I suggest to close workspaces running in the background and check if the issue persists.

If you experience the issue with 1 workspace, how many charts and other windows do you have opened? How many indicators do you have applied and do they make complicated calculations? When you go to a later time with the Playback, indicators need to be calculated on the data you skip. This can take some time depending on the indicator calculations.

Am I correct you don't experience the issue if you test the Playback with 1 workspace that contains 1 chart without indicators?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I think it seems to be related to one of the indicators I was using. I'll try to add them one at a time to filter out the indicator causing the issue.

Thanks for you help.

Edit:

It seems to be the volume profile indicator.
      Last edited by Tw1que; 02-07-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_SeanH