Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA indicator on ask or bid price

hello,

So, this is what I am trying to do. I would like to use the EMA indicator on the bid or ask price. I see that these options aren't available (I only see Close, High, Low etc.). I tried a different way by setting (in strategy builder -> Additional Data area) a Series of Ask and a Series of Bid of the same instrument I am trading. I then tried to set up the EMA indicator on these alt data series (of bid and ask) but I also need to select a Misc.Price type (see the screenshot) which gives several options (all the usual apart from the Bid and Ask).

So, my question is, is this the right way to do it? Will the calculation been done on the Close, High, Low etc. price of the Bid/Ask bar?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello space_trader,

I suggest to add an additional data series in your chart for the bid or ask price ('Price based on' setting in the Data Series menu). Then apply the EMA in the Indicator menu and select the bid based data series as Input series for the EMA. Set Panel to the same panel as the last price based data series. You can hide the bid based data series by hovering your cursor on the horizontal line between the 2 panels. Click and hold your left mouse button and move downwards.

I'm not a programmer myself so I can comment on how to accomplish this in the Strategy Builder.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes