Collapse

Received unknown error/warning: No market data during competing live session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

When my session disconnects for any reason, daily disconnection or when I manually do it, and I choose to reconnect, I get the following message in the log tab :

As a result of this, my charts do not load for up to 30 minutes, it just says "loading" on my charts. Its extremely annoying and I dont understand the problem. I do not have any other sessions logged on, why does this happen and what can I do to fix this ?

Thanks

Hello yassinealami,

The error can happen when the same live account or its associated paper account is logged in elsewhere or when Gateway is in use. Since you are not logged in elsewhere, could you please connect using TWS instead of Gateway.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I forgot to mention that my broker is Interactive Brokers and I do indeed use IB Gateway.

Are you suggesting that instead of using IB gateway I use TWS as a gateway ? That means I will be running tws and NT8 simultaneously ? Is this an issue with NT8 or with IB gateway ?

Comment

Yes, please use TWS instead of Gateway to connect to Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader. You will run TWS and NinjaTrader simultaneously. You can find the Interactive Brokers connection guide at the link below.

This can be an issue with NinjaTrader + Gateway. It should not happen when you use NinjaTrader + TWS (unless the same live or associated paper connection is used elsewhere).
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes