Trailing stop sell limit line never moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing stop sell limit line never moves

How can I setup ATM strategy where I don't have a specific profit in mind but just want to trail the sell/buy as the prices goes up/down?

So if I enter long at 3000, how can I trail automatically at 2999 and keep following it and close when it reaches the highest point before coming down more than 10 points?
    Last edited by MatthewLesko; 02-09-2021, 12:17 AM.

Hello MatthewLesko,

You can configure an ATM strategy without a profit target (set Profit field to zero).

You can use the Auto Trail to have the stop loss trail the market. I assume the tick size is 0.25 as per your example, so you would enter a value of 4 in the Stop loss field of the ATM strategy. The stop loss is submitted 4 ticks below (2999) the entry price (3000).

Please setup the Auto Trail as follows.

Stop loss: 4
    Profit trigger: 1
    Frequency: 1

As soon as you have 1 tick in profit, the stop loss is adjusted to 4 ticks behind the current market price. For every additional tick in profit, the stop loss is adjusted to 4 ticks behind the current market price. So for every tick in profit, the stop loss will move 1 tick as well. More information regarding the Auto Trail can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The recording shows no unrealized profit and so the stop loss was not adjusted. When there is 1 tick profit compared to your entry price, it will move the stop loss one tick.

If you want to submit the stop loss further away from your entry price, please enter a higher value than 4 for the 'Stop loss' field in the ATM strategy as well as the Auto Trail stop strategy.

Comment

The video shows the stop loss is submitted at 13665.75. However I can't see the entry price in the video. It should be 10 ticks higher, so 13668.25. I can't see it during the 2nd trade either. You can view execution prices in the Control Center-->Executions-tab.

If you want to submit the stop loss further away, please enter a higher value for 'Stop loss'.

Comment

You would enter a value of 40 in the 'Stop loss' field. The MNQ has a tick size of 0.25, so 1 point consists of 4 ticks.

Profit is realized when the position is closed (at a profit). The Auto Trail triggers on unrealized profit. The 'Profit trigger' setting determines at how many ticks of unrealized profit, the Auto Trail kicks in. It will adjust the stop loss X amount of ticks behind the current market price. X amount is determined by the 'Stop loss' field of the Auto Trail. The 'Frequency' setting determines how frequent the modification will take place.

Comment

Yes, you can have the stop loss trail the market price using the Auto Trail stop strategy.

If you want to keep the stop loss at the same amount of ticks from your entry price when it trails, please enter the same value for 'Stop loss' in both the ATM strategy and the Auto Trail.

You can set 'Profit' to zero, so the position is only closed when the stop loss order fills.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post lorem
            by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM