Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not display the daily chart and data

Dear admin team,

I am new to Ninjatrader, and am facing several issues when using NT.

1. Some daily charts is missing - When I am looking at NQ daily chart, NT could not show the bar of 1 Feb, instead it jumps directly to 2 Feb bar from 30 Jan bar, can you assist on this? I am not a US user, not sure if it is due to the time zone setting.

2. Inaccurate market price - As you see in the 1st image, the closing price of NQ on 1 Feb was 13236.5, but in 2nd image (yahoo finance) shows it should be 13248.9, how can I fix it?

3. Is it possible to show only the day time bars in NT, and ignoring the night time trading bars? If yes, how can I work on the setting?

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Carlos

Hello cccarlos2727,

Thank you for posting on the forum with your inquiries.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who is your data provider that you are you connected to in NinjaTrader? This is displayed in green in the lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Regarding the missing daily bar, if you reload the historical data, do you find the missing bar appears?
    Thank you in advance, I look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the reply.

The version I am using is 8.0.21.1 64-bit.
      I am using a demo account, does that mean the data provider is Ninjatrader Continuum?
      I tried to reload the historical data but still the bar of 1 Feb is missing. I have checked and realized that the bar of 30 Jan and 1 Jan should not be shown as they are the weekend, but instead bar of 30 Jan is shown and 1 Feb bar is missing. I guess it is related to the weekday/ weekend setting. Kindly let me know how should I fix it.

Comment

Hello ccarlos2727,

Thank you for responding with these details.

1. Seeing as you mention reloading the historical data does not resolve, I would recommend deleting the daily data that is stored in the NinjaTrader 8 folder then restarting NinjaTrader and loading the daily data once more.

To delete the daily data, follow the steps below.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
        • Delete the sub-folder named 'day'.
        • Restart NinjaTrader and test.
        2. Please note that when comparing the data between different platforms or data providers, it can be expected that different data feeds will produce differences in chart data. Market data vendors each employ various methods for tick filtering, throttling and time stamping. As a result, no data stream is 100% identical and thus can result in differences in charts when comparing between different platforms or data providers as you have noticed. There is no way of knowing how the historical data provider packages their bars, therefore the only way to ensure that data always looks the same is if every connectivity provider sent ticks with time stamps AND that all vendors synchronized on time stamps. Unfortunately, this is just not a reality nor plausible scenario.
        3. To view the chart with a Daily view but allowing for a session template to be applied, so the bars only reflect the 'daytime' trading, you can follow the steps below:
        • Right Click in your chart and select 'Data Series'.
        • In the Data Series window select Minute as the Type and 1440 as the Value to get the raw minute data in day interval format as there are 1440 minutes in a day.
        • Then you can select the session template of choice.
        • Press OK to create the chart
        As a final side note, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader questions or inquiries in the future.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

Thanks! Issue 1 and 2 have been solved after installing the latest version. For issue 3, I saw that there is a setting "Trading hours" in Data Series, if the currently available option does not fit the products (Eg. Hang Seng Index Future), can I set up a new trading option for the products?

Comment

Hello ccarlos2727,

Thank you for responding with these details. I am glad to hear that updating assisted with issues 1 and 2.

If you go to the Control Center > Tools > Trading hours, this window will allow you to view the built-in trading hour templates.

To check which template an instrument uses by default, go to Control Center > Instruments, search the instrument, then select it and click edit. The default trading hours in use may also be changed within this window.

If you wish to create a new trading hour template, you can do so by accessing the trading hour template by going Control Center > Tools > Trading hours, then in the section labeled as 'Templates' click 'add' to create a new trading hour template. You can then customize it under the 'Properties' section.

Below I have provided links with more information:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance or if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Gerik
            by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes