Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issues with Stocks on TD Ameritrade - Should I switch to Interactive Brokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Stocks on TD Ameritrade - Should I switch to Interactive Brokers?

Hello,

I've been reading alot on the forums, and I know I'm not the first to have issues with TD Ameritrade. I've spent months working on a strategy and backtesting it with TD Ameritrade's Sim account. In the end... that did little to prepare me for a live trading session with TDA...

What I'm experiencing:

I have a Long only strategy that has been programmed in NT8. When it triggers an order, it shows as Submitted, but nothing happens. It seems that NT8 doesn't receive any confirmation of the order. So, my strategy doesn't realize it was placed. What is crazy, is that every time, the orders have actually been placed. It's a real position that is executed well with TDA, but unless I disconnect and reconnect, I can't see the actual position or order that was placed. Which also means I have to restart my strategy which makes me nervous because I don't want to cancel out of them. (That's a separate issue that doesn't really exist if NT8 and TDA communicate properly).

So, my issue is, why does the order hang on Submitted within NT8, when it seems to have been transmitted and even fully executed / filled on TDA? What can I do to fix this in my code? OnOrderUpdate is not being triggered at all, but I don't think that's necessarily my code when even the NT8 interface hasn't seen that the order has been filled.

Based on what I've read about all the issues with TDA, should I just move everything to Interactive Brokers, or do they have their own set of issues that I'll have to face?

Thank you for any help or pointers in the right direction!
    -J

I see that you've also posted on this other thread with a similar inquiry:I provided some specific feedback for that user, however, your case is effectively identical.

This is a chronic issue that up to this point has been attributed and confirmed by the TD Ameritrade API team as being an issue on their end. Any sort of work-around put in place would likely have unintended consequences and the ultimate solution is with TD Ameritrade to implement.

Some time has passed since this TDA API has been reported in any significant amount of cases, so we'd like our Quality Assurance Team to take another pass at the information from your NinjaTrader. Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2963063 ATTN PatrickG
    No brokerage technology is perfect, but I can confirm that Interactive Brokers does not have the same chronic order routing symptoms that TD Ameritrade has experienced.

Comment

Hi,
      I would like to buy NT and use it against TDA. Did you ever confirm this was resolved?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello ErikHR1969,

I've not personally experienced this behavior.

However, I am also not seeing any recent reports of this behavior.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to confirm any changes made at TD Ameritrade.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes