TD Ameritrade order confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade order confirmation

For the past 3 weeks I literally have to disconnect and connect again for EVERY order I place using TD Ameritrade, because notifications are not coming. But status magically gets updated 100% of the time when I reconnect.

I know that NT has no control over TDA's API, servers, etc. But there is definitely a work around by reconnecting. Can NT force to get account update automatically rather that relying on confirmation message so I do not need to reconnect every single time? Like if confirmation had not came within 5 sec, request account update. That will solve all the issues with not receiving notifications/confirmations.

Whoa... I have the same issue, I literally just created a similar post. Hopefully we can get some answers!

Comment

NinjaTrader doesn't know what it doesn't know, therefore, there is no way to know when a reconnect is appropriate. Furthermore, forcing a periodic reconnect (or a reconnect after every order submission, or a reconnect if no return signal regarding order status is received in x time) for all users would likely have unintended negative consequences for any users not actively experiencing symptoms with the TDA API.

With that said, some time has passed since this TDA API has been reported in any significant amount of cases, so we'd like our Quality Assurance Team to take another pass at the information from your NinjaTrader. Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
      • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
      • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
      • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2963064 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

You might recall, but we did that few times already in the past (sending logs, etc), and it is the same answer at the end - it is all TDA.

What I'm asking is instead of us doing reconnect do request account update.

Comment

I understand your request and I suspect if that solution was feasible without risk it would have been implemented already. If you'd like to continue the conversation for a deeper dive, I'll need your files to pass to my colleagues on the Quality Assurance Team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123