X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TICK Indicator not updating

Hello Ninjatrader
    Please could you help me?
    I am currently on the free futures data trial. On a chart I have managed to add the Tick indicator but it does not seem to update in real time.
    If I close Ninjatrader and then log back in, then the Tick bars are there upto date, but then that would be it and they then dont update.
    Your help and guidance would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you for your time

Hello Learner Trader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

I see that you are connecting to a demo. Are you referring to the NinjaTrader Continuum demo that is offered through our website?

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary
      Yes I think so. I log in with the Continuum button
      Thanks

Comment

Hello Learner Trader,

Thank you for your reply.

If that is the case, these indices would not be enabled for real-time data with that demo. Only the most popular futures instruments would be available. With that being said, if you'd like to double check and ensure that this is the case, please send your log and trace files to us via email.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2963085 Attn Zachary
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary
          I think you are right there as it does show some popular futures indices that I can view in real time such as the S&P etc
          Please could you advise me on the absolute cheapest way for me to get the Tick in real time? And I really do mean the very very cheapest way no matter how many hoops I have to jump thru! lol
          Times are hard in this lockdown
          Thank you again for your time

Comment

Hello Learner Trader,

The demo account for NinjaTrader Continuum does not include live data for market internals like ^TICK. However, you will be able to add live data for ^TICK once you open a futures trading account with NinjaTrader Brokerage. This would likely be the cheapest solution to receive data for ^TICK if you intend to use NinjaTrader for futures trading.

If you want more information about opening a live account you can contact the brokerage team at 1.800.496.1683 or through email at [email protected]

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher
              Many thanks for that.
              What options do I have if I only wanted to look at charts with the Tick on Ninjatrader?
              I am still in the learning phase and cant afford to trade. What is the most economical way to get the Tick?
              Many thanks for your time

Comment

Hello Learner Trader,

To receive data you will need to connect to an account with a supported broker or data provider. Information on supported brokers and data providers can be found at the link below.

NinjaTrader supports multiple futures market data and brokers providing access to trade futures, stocks, and more. Download NinjaTrader for FREE to get started!

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am running a live Continuum data feed. My ^Tick data does not update. I have to "Reload all historic data" for an update. Please help.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

This would indicate that you are not subscribed to Dow Jones and Key Indices on your account. You can choose what market data you would like enabled for your account from Profile > Settings > Plans window on the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard in the 'Market Data' section.

Here is some additional helpful info on how market data fees are billed:
                    • Market data fees are billed at the beginning of each month.
                    • Any new market data subscriptions will be billed within 1-2 business days.
                    • Market Data Fees are billable for the current month in the full amount. The exchanges do not prorate the fees or otherwise discount them based on the number of days remaining in the month.
                    A visual walkthrough of how to subscribe for market data may also be read here on our Help Center.​

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
                    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Christopher_R  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    166 responses
                    0 likes