CQGTrader question . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQGTrader question . . .

I see in my logs that there is an update to CQGTrader. Is this updated as part of Ninjatrader or do I need to do this separately?

Also the pathing for CQGTrader is missing on my computer. Is that an issue? I looked at my installed apps and do not see it as
    an installed app. Should I install the updated file, or do I need to update Ninjatrader?

Hello,

Updating to the most current version of NinjaTrader 8 should include any updates needed for CQG. You can update with the instructions below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I will do this.

Comment

I did the upgrade an it wiped out all my connections and setup. It's never done that before.

Comment

Hello,

It sounds like your machine ID may have changed.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please copy and paste your license key into your platform. To do this, go to the Control Center > Help > License key:

Additionally, once you have added your License key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK. If you do not have this information, please contact your broker directly.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.
          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

It would have been nice to be aware that this was a possibility. I had upgraded my computer a few months ago adding more RAM, apparently we can't do that.

Now I am going through and having to restore all my Indicators and Strategies from backup. Good thing I have those or I would be really upset.

This has been the only disappointing issue with the software so far.

Comment

I am still seeing this error in my trace log related to CQG and I am running the latest version.

ERROR [2023-06-02 11:28:49,828] - Unable to read 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini' file because Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini'.
                System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini'.
                at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
                at CQG.Trader.DataAccess.Utility.IniFileParser.Read(F unc`3 singleLineParseCallback)​

There is no directory named C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG. Is this even needed?
                If so, how do I get it installed?

Comment

Geez, and all this time I thought 'CQGTrader' was a completely
                  different program and had nothing to do with the NinjaTrader ...

Comment

This error indicates there is something on your PC accessing the files used by NinjaTrader at the same or being blocked. Please close NinjaTrader then make exeptions for the following folders in your security software then test once again.
                    • C:->Program Files or Program Files ->NinjaTrader 8 folder
                    • Documents->NinjaTrader 8 folder
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, this is the SAME issue that I reported above in Feb.

ERROR [2021-02-11 19:34:40,561] - Unable to read 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini' file because Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini'.
                      System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini'.
                      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                      at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
                      at CQG.Trader.DataAccess.Utility.IniFileParser.Read(F unc`3 singleLineParseCallback)​

This has been consistent across multiple versions of the software and is in the file CQG.CBOEConnection.YYYYMMDD.txt in the NinjaTrader 8\trace directory.

Comment

Maybe you need to tell your security software to ignore that CQG folder?

-=o=-

Also, you should confirm, does this exact filename,

C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\N etsConfiguration.ini

exist on your system?

[EDIT: Hmm, stupid forum software is inserting that space after the 'N'.]

I mean, the error says 'Directory Not Found' ... so check the file at that path,
                        make sure that exact path exists. I suggest you copy&paste the full exact
                        filename from above into the Run dialog (use Win+R) and you should see
                        that filename popup in Notepad. If you get an error, you've got a problem.

-=o=-

Finally, it's a bit troubling that the filename 'NetsConfiguration.ini' seems to
                        have leading space in your error messages -- that could be an artifact of
                        copy&paste, or maybe it's caused by the NT forum software, or it could
                        actually be something to do with your actual problem.

You ought to check that, too.

[EDIT-2: Never mind, it looks it's the stupid forum software inserting
                        unnecessary space characters ...]
                        Last edited by bltdavid; 06-02-2023, 01:52 PM.

Comment

As a test can you temporarily disable any security software you have running on your PC then attempt to open NinjaTrader and let me know if you continue to receive this error.
                          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In Post Private Messages I stated that the directory does not exist, and has never existed in any installation of NT8.

This has nothing to do with any Security software as this error predates the installation of Security software.

So, when NT8 is installed should it also install CQG in that path?

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on another machine with nothing installed but OS and installed NT8.
                            And there is no directory named CQG in the 'C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\' directory.

So, is this a part of NT8? Is that a Valid error?

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya, and I knew you had already mentioned it.

This entire thread seems to have been mis-read by all of
                              the NT Support folks -- no one there seems to have picked
                              up on the simple problem of a missing folder and explaining
                              why it's missing, and why the NT8 program cares.

I think NT support in this thread has been abysmal.

I only responded because I was so surprised how far off
                              NT Support replies seem to be compared to the problem
                              you are describing. You have my sympathies.

Just my 2˘.

PS: Who is your broker?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM