How to stabilize my workspace layout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stabilize my workspace layout.

I have to use the "Always On Top" feature of each component of my workspace, but then I cannot use other programs. Each component (chart, superdome, account data, etc.) floats on the screen uncontrollably and it's very annoying. The NinjaTrader 8 screen doesn't have the stability of other trading platforms and I need to find the magic trick to get it to work. I've watched NT tutorial videos, but I don't get help with this issue.

How can I design a stable workspace that places everything in the place where I want it every time I start the program. All components automatically resize themselves and re-position themselves randomly and not the way I designed my workspace.

Hello StockJock,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please try this workflow for managing workspaces and windows:
    1. Create your main workspace(s) and check the 'Always On Top' option for each window of the workspace, save the workspace(s)
    2. Create a second workspace with no windows open except for the Control Center, save this workspace
    3. Type Shift-F3 on your keyboard to cycle between your primary workspace and your empty workspace, revealing the screen
    Showing and hiding your workspaces in this way will allow all windows to remain in place, hide, and unhide when the Shift-F3 hot key is activated.

Please keep in mind that Shift-F3 will cycle through all of your inactive workspaces, so you may have to use the hot key multiple times with this method to cycle to the intended workspace. Also, this hot key only works when the Control Center or another NinjaTrader window is selected.

For more information on workspaces, please visit the following help guide link below:Please also find more information in our publically available help guide video on workspaces:Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ConnerS; 02-10-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive