Adding Crypto Instruments Manually giving error for Master Instrument field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Crypto Instruments Manually giving error for Master Instrument field

I love the fact that Coinbase is an available datafeed. However, I was disappointed that very few cryptos were included with the feed.

BUT, I found out that you can manually add instruments and it would work with the feed. I was able to manually add ALGO-USD, for example. (using "ALGUSD" as the Master Instrument)

However, I am trying to add more and I am receiving an error saying, "The 'Master instrument' field for cryptocurrency instruments can only contain the cryptocurrency code of the 2 supported cryptocurrencies being used."

I'm unsure what this is saying or asking for. For example, I am trying to add "The Graph", which is GRT-USD on Coinbase Pro. I've tried putting "GRTUSD" and "GRAUSD" in the Master Instrument field, but I receive this error.

I've tried other crypto pairs and I receive this same error... BAND-USD is another example, where I tried BANUSD, BANDUSD, BNDUSD, etc as the Master Instrument. Again, I'm unsure what is expected in this field.

Assuming I can figure out what is required in this field, is there a way to import a list instead of manually creating one by one?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is an example of GRT-USD: (Exchange setting of Default, or GDAX)

Click image for larger version

Name:	GRTUSD.png
Views:	340
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1141574
    Last edited by neoikon; 02-12-2021, 11:09 AM.

Hello neoikon,

Thank you for the note.

With the release of NinjaTrader 8.0.22.2, there were a few different Cryptocurrencies that were given the ability to be charted within NinjaTrader. Algo was one of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT556a.png
Views:	286
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1141581

When creating custom Cryptocurrencies within your platform, if you have set up the instrument with the correct information and it is returning an error, it is unfortunately just unsupported at the time.

As well, there is no default way to import a list of custom instruments as that information is saved within the Database file and is not able to be exported out or imported in.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! That helps and explains it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM