Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error: Sim 101 - Account below minimum cash value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Sim 101 - Account below minimum cash value?

Running a test on my sim account. I have an alert tied to an order and I keep getting this error message. " ERROR: SIM 101 - Order can't be submitted. Account below minimum cash value. affected order : Sell 2 Market, "Any ideas how to fix this

Hello bob999,

Thank you for your note.

I advise that you reset your simulation account to address this item.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right-click on your simulation account and select Edit Account
    • Press the "Reset" button
    Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Hi, Tabor.

Thanks for your reply to the original question. I have also received this error on my Sim101 account. I don't mind resetting the sim account once in a while I'm testing a strategy. But what is behind its occurrence in the first place? Is it possible for it to also happen during live trading? That would not be good Thanks!!

Comment

Hello zamo123,

Thank you for your reply.

The Sim101 account has a set amount of money it starts with. If you lose all the available money in the account, no further orders will be allowed to be placed. This is similar to a live account - if you fall below margin requirements for the instrument you are trading you would be closed out of your open positions to prevent further losses by your broker and you would not be able to further trade until you can fufill the margin requirements. I would advise you to speak with your broker concerning margin requirements for your account.

You can adjust the amount of money the Sim101 account starts with in the Edit Account screen (Control Center > Accounts Tab > Right click on account > Edit Account. If you adjust the Initial Cash setting higher, you'll get that error less often on that account. Once you've adjusted the Initial Cash, reset the Sim101 account and it should be recreated with the new Initial Cash balance.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Kate. That makes sense.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielTynera  
          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM