Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does NT8 use AVX or AVX-512 CPU instructions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does NT8 use AVX or AVX-512 CPU instructions ?

Hello,

Does anyone know if NT8 uses AVX or AVX-512 extension CPU instructions at all ?
    I am referring to the NT8 application and the default indicators that come with the NT8 default install.

In my understanding NT8 is an C# application and since AVX is a newer extension to SSE instructions of the CPU, compilers now support the option to enable and use AVX extensions, so it is possible that NT8 was compiled with AVX enabled. Some apps out there use AVX extensions but from what I understand not too many.

I have an Intel i9-10980xe CPU that I am looking at overclocking to get better performance when running NT8 and putting in a negative offset for the AVX or AVX-512 CPU instructions (e.g. running them at a lower speed) when configuring the BIOS would allow me to overclock the processor frequency higher.
    If, however, NT8 uses AVX or AVX-512 then I would not configure a negative offset for them as I would not want to slow down NT8 that way.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello ds993399,

Thank you for your post.

There is no specific handling for Intrinsics in NinjaTrader 8. If there are any SSE/AVX specific handling it would be coming from the .NET Framework itself. If you would like, I could create a feature request for handling for Intrinsics in NinjaTrader 8 and add your vote to it.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon.
      This answers my question.
      This is what I assumed but I wanted to verify that there are no specific AVX optimizations/execution compiled within NT8.

Thank you again !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post sephichapdson  
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses