Please for the love of money add equities options to ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please for the love of money add equities options to ninjatrader

And not just an UI option chain, I want to access to the whole equities options workflow from Ninjascript.

I am literally upending my life learning two other scripting languages and subscribing to multiple trading platforms just because Ninjatrader lacks one critical feature: equities options support.

I know, I know. It's been added to the feature request list. Probably like 15 years ago. And I know you can't speak to release dates for specific features.

BUT COME ON!!! A trading platform that can't support equities options is like a calculator that is missing a decimal key. I am about to have to throw Ninjatrader in the bin because of this. I don't want to. I've invested almost a year learning it inside and out. But I can no longer get past this critical yet missing feature.

Can we at least know if this is actually in progress or not? I mean, the day NT fully supports trading options on equities is the day I migrate everything and fully buy in to Ninjatrader, no waiting for discounts during the holidays. Just 100% all in. Until then there is no reason to use it for anything besides charts, which I can get for free forever.

Hello Smoky,

Trading Options on Equities is supported with Interactive Brokers and TD Ameritrade connections.

NinjaScript support, and other Options features like Greeks and Options specific strategies are not yet supported. We are tracking interest in the internal ticket SFT-4404 and I have tracked your vote.

While full options has been requested for some time, we did implement the Options Chain window implemented recently. Future improvements are always tracked and considered. For anyone else that would like to drive interest behind NinjaScript options support, please let us know here and we will gladly add your vote.

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jim,

I would like to add my vote for this to continue being enhanced.

Comment

hi, same here.

Comment

Hello parkinsonbr and space_trader,

Your votes have been added.

Comment

I dont want to trade options via ninjascript. I want to use strategies to trade options

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

When you state:
              "I want to use strategies"

Are you referring to programmed NinjaScript Strategy or do you mean with a manual order that has an Atm template attached?
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello ezrollin,

When you state:
                "I want to use strategies"

Are you referring to programmed NinjaScript Strategy or do you mean with a manual order that has an Atm template attached?
                I'm talking about I want to use pre-programmed C# algorithms to trade stock options contracts via TD Ameritrade.
                I am unfamiliar with the ATM. thanks

Comment

Thanks for your feedback ezrollin,

Your vote has been added.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes