Inadvertently selecting an indicator on chart opening indicator panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inadvertently selecting an indicator on chart opening indicator panel

Hello I may have mentioned before but could not find any post. Can you add my vote or start a request to provide ability to disable opening indicator dialogue when an indicator be it a line or drawing is accidently clicked on the chart. It is the single most frustrating annoying defect in ninja to me and frankly am stunned this has not been addressed sooner issue to me when using charts and chart trader. Please provide ability to disable an indicator being selected from opening the indicator dialogue panel - and provide this with a global for all chart indicators on the chart in addition on an indicator basis - similar to the visible option in the indicator panel. Sometimes it appears to open on a single click or is over sensitive to clicks that it doesnt notice ? Is it not supposed to be a double click ie a deliberate selection (double clicking) to open the indicator dialogue - it would appear is over sensitive and if there is a way to turn this off now or address this please advise.
    thanks
    Last edited by soulfx; 02-18-2021, 01:48 PM.

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your post.

I would first like to ensure that this is not due to faulty hardware as this is not a widespread item and typically is related to an inadvertent double click due to worn out mouse buttons or track pads.

Does this occur when left-clicking and holding on an indicator or data series?

Does this same behavior occur when using a different mouse?
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does this occur when left-clicking and holding on an indicator or data series? NO

Does this same behaviour occur when using a different mouse? i have another mouse will try but this is not an old mouse.

More importantly i did raise this prior and want to ensure this is added to existing feature request which i was led to believe existed.
      There SHOULD be an option to not make an indicator or indicator that draws NOT SELECTABLE

At times it is intermittent - so i do not believe is faulty hardware but something is going on. As i said i will swop mice tomorrow and observe

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your note.

You may also test by increasing the double-click speed within your Windows settings by going to the Window's Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Mouse (under Devices and Printers) > Buttons tab.

Also I was able to follow up about a a feature request and added a vote on your behalf

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-4031. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for adding my vote and believe this still would be beneficial feature to have. I did swop the mouse i was using and changed the click speed ; so it has improved and much less popping up of the dialogue box. I did not think to check the hardware would be at fault as the mouse is only a year or so old. So thanks for the prompt to check that aspect

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred