Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM and Charts

Hello,
    I am using the live data provided under the FOREX trial and would like to understand why my charts stop at 3am but my Dynamic SuperDOM keeps reporting value changes. I was looking at the EURJPY 1 minute chart and I can understand that @ 3am EST thats when the market closes, but I'm confused as to why the SuperDOM acts as if there is still movement going on to work with.
    Thank you

The hours in which charts will display data are controlled by the chart's Data Series 'Trading hours' property. This allows users to restrict (or exand) the hours on your chart to only ones that you wish to view. For example, in equities trading, you could restrict the chart to only show RTH hours instead of RTH and ETH/overnight hours. The SuperDOM has no concept of this and will display data whenever live data is flowing. For forex instruments (like EURUSD), I would expect the default trading hours to be 5PM to 5PM US ET Mon-Sun:So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • What time zone is your PC set to? Is the time zone the same in NinjaTrader? Check within the Control Center > Tools > Options window
    • Right-click on your chart and select 'Data series'. What is 'Trading hours' set to? Does the symptom persist if you change this to 'Default 24/7'?

Comment

Hi Patrick G,
      I am using verision 8.0.23.0 64-bit
      The instrument is EURJPY
      Timezone is Eastern Time
      Trading hours is set to <Use Instrument Settings>
      Thank you for the help regarding the trading hours. My chart did expand once I set the Trading hours to Default 24/7. I now understand the trading hours for the different markets and so I know the earliest, given that this is now the weekend, that I would see live data is Sunday @ 5pm EST when the Australian market opens.
      Could you expound more on the SuperDOM please? When I am connected to live data it will only display the current price movements, right (which is why it doesn't move during the weekend)? When I am connected to Simulated Data Feed it'll display price movements based on the simulation and what trend I happen to set right?
      When I bring up a chart under the Simulated Data Feed, say the same EURJPY chart, and if I were to set the Data Series price to last 1 minute, and load data based on the last 5 days with a 24/7 trading hour designation, I would essentially see the chart start to load at the present day and time, according to my set trend, with the past data being actual historical data up until that point? (or is that past data simulated as well?)

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if there is anything I need to clarify.

Comment

The current version of NinjaTrader 8 is 8.0.23.2. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Correct, the SuperDOM will only update when real-time data is available from your data provider for the instrument in view. The Simulated Data Feed 'makes up' data at any time and does not consider what the actual market would be doing (i.e. it can produce fabricated live data for instruments that would otherwise not be live at that time).

Historical data should be legtimate/actual data from your data provider. The simulated data feed does not provide any historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
        19 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Radano
        by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes