Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is accurate copy and paste of drawing objects possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is accurate copy and paste of drawing objects possible?

Hello

Is there a way to copy and paste drawing objects accurately?
    Cut(ctrl-C) and Paste((ctrl-V)) seems to force an offset to the drawing objects actual x/time or y/price values.

I am trying to accurately translate time and price regions from higher time frames to lower time frames using global drawing objects.

But may wish to alter a property ie fine tune time or price values or change color from the original global drawing object on selected lower time frame chart(s).
    I assumed I could just duplicate the global drawing object on a given time frame and turn off the "display global objects" for the data series on that time frame chart.

However copy & paste doesn't actually duplicate. It just replicates dimensions offsetting with new time and price values... which isn't really a copy of the drawing object. Its an inaccurate replication.
    Which I then have to spend just as much time entering correct values into the properties panel as it would take to manually redraw and manually re-enter accurate time/price position values.

Is there a time efficient way to accurately copy and paste drawing objects natively or do you know of any addons which do so?

Thanks

Alternatively is the Cut Paste code exposed in the public code base (or even private) somewhere (tools?) that I can just remove the offset for my installation?

Comment

Try changing the 'snap mode' of your chart. Right-Click chart -> Drawing Tools -> Snap mode... try different settings and THEN try a copy/paste.

Comment

forrestang Appreciate the suggestion. On testing all 4 snapping modes including "Disabled" add the exact same offset. Tested on Lines and Rectangles.

I can see the intention of forcing the offset is potentially so that the user can clearly see they have actually replicated the object. But it also kind of defeats a large percentage of the use cases.
        The color multiplying could suffice for advertising the duplication (for non-100% opacity) perhaps for 100% opacity the colors could divide to advertising the duplication.

Comment

Hello SmartArtsStudio,

Unfortunately this is not supported. When you copy a drawing object, it will have an offset as you describe.

I'm not aware of such an add-on nor is the copy/paste code exposed.

I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) to offer such functionality..
          Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find it, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create an add-on for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes