Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo account with FXCM

Hi,

I am based in australia and I am wondering whether it is possible to use Ninjatrader 8 with an FXCM demo account (using FXCM data). If so could you please let me know the process.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Soon123,

Thanks for the quick response, however Australia is not part of the country available (it is greyed out). Any alternative?

Regards.

Vincent

Comment

I already tried this one. It is for Trading Station software not for NT8.

Comment

Thanks Soon123. That was the one. It says in the email I received "The login credentials and set-up instructions to get started with your 30-day demo account are included below."
        So is the demo account only valid for 30 days. Is there any way to extend a demo account beyond 30 days, even if it not with FXCM? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Vincent,

Yes, the forex demo is valid for 30 days. We can't extend these free demo connections.

You can apply for free demo connections (futures or forex) from the link below.
          NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

polewest79 from what i've seen they say its 30 days but doesn't actually end - and it keeps going. I think they say an end date so they could pull the free service if they wanted too, but i've used it for over 6 months and still going strong. I've also heard of people opening up a real account with them but not providing all their documentation. That is because they won't let you trade but they still give you data and it doesn't stop after 30 days since its a real account Just a pro tip.
            xabcdtrading
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

I've just been informed by NinjaTrader Support that NinjaTrader FXCM Demo accounts are "no longer in service with NinjaTrader".

I had been trying to connect to a NinjaTrader FXCM Demo account I have been using for a few years, and it has in the last couple of days timed out.

This seems an odd change, to be honest. It was recommended that I obtain a "NinjaTrader FX Demo", which is really only the free live data feed. Whilst this data feed is excellent (Thanks again to NinjaTrader!), it is not the same as a Demo account. Running in Simulation and running on a Demo account are two different things. Sim accounts are great ... but I want a more realistic environment for my testing that only an account with the broker can create, even if it is still not the live market.

Is there a supported Forex Demo account that can be used?

Thanks.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

It seems there was an issue with NinjaTrader FXCM Demo accounts, and whatever it was has been rectified. My NinjaTrader FXCM Demo account is now connecting as expected. It appears this was not a removal of capability; rather, it was a fault needing to be fixed ... which it now has been.
                Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                jeronymite
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Yes, unfortunately there was an issue with FXCM demo connections - they did not successfully connect in NinjaTrader. The issue has been resolved.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post junkone
                  by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                  12 responses