Failed to subscribe to instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to subscribe to instrument

With IB, I am getting the message "Failed to subscribe to instrument _____. Max number of symbols have been subscribed to"

I only have 1 workspace, with 26 charts. More than half are not updating in real time. From what I understand the limit is 100?

I've already double-checked that there is only 1 workspace and other than the charts, I not using any other NT windows, so it's just 26 chart windows, no market analyzer or anything else.

I've closed and reopened NT, closed and reopened TWS, rebooted my computer a couple of times but still getting this issue.

Three questions:

1) How does does it take NT/IB to unsubscribe from the symbol(s) after the workspace/chart is closed
    2) Is there any difference regarding the number of tickers subscribed between IB gateway versus IB TWS? Does one have a higher limit?
    3) Is there a way to force IB to unsubscribe that you are aware of?

Thank you kindly.
    Last edited by focus333; 02-23-2021, 03:00 PM.

Hello focus333,

To our knowledge, the maximum number of symbols can differ, based on the account.

Whether you have a lower limit than 100 would be something that only Interactive Brokers' team can answer.

Additionally, we are not aware of any differences between TWS and Gateway in this regard.

One very helpful article that might explain the limitations or errors you've received is the following, publicly available link on Interactive Brokers' API:

If you would like us to take a look at your log & trace files, and see if we can track down how many requests are sent, please don't hesitate to send them to us at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. I've added the instructions for this below:
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the above-listed email
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I would also suggest reaching out to Interactive Brokers' support, as they should be able to give you an exact answer of how many instruments you can subscribe to at the same time.
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there,

So, I am following up on this issue.

I have deleted ALL my workspaces and charts.

I close NinjaTrader.

Check my IB market data count:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.6 KB ID:	1143683

I open NinjaTrader which has NO charts or other windows. Check IB again:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	1143684

Why with 0 workspaces and 0 charts is NT consuming additional 24 market data feeds?

Then, I close Ninja.

Check IB quotes again immediately and it's back to 1...

Click image for larger version  Name:	c3.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	1143685

After this, open Ninja in Safe Mode. Connect to IB. Check count:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c4.PNG Views:	0 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	1143686

Close Ninja safe mode, immediately IB quote is:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	c5.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	1143687

Next I open Ninja again, IB count is 24.

I load the first and only chart, SVXY, 3 days to load, 15 minutes with NO custom indicators.

Check IB count = 25. Close the chart, IB count = 25.

Close Ninja, IB count immediately back to 1.

Last edited by focus333; 02-25-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post adeelshahzad