Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors in Forex.com / CityIndex Instrument Data

Hi there,

There there are mistakes in the instrument data for UK100 and JAPAN225 CFDs on Forex.com/CityIndex

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2021-02-24_111326.png Views:	0 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	1143358

UK100 has a point value of £1 per contract, not £0.10 as listed. This is a serious issue because it has caused me to open up positions that are 10x bigger than they should be, based on my calculated projected Risk and Reward. It may also be the cause of Ninjatrader failing to compute my position PNL or Realised PNL correctly since this value will be used internally to calculate PNL based on the number of Points PL in my execution data.

I have confirmed this error by taking a Market Order for 1 CFD Contract with a 10 Point target and a 10 Point Stop in Ninjatrader. This produced a loss of £10.20, both in Ninjatrader and verified in the City Index ATPro Platform. This conclusively proves that each point has a value of £1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2021-02-24_112534.png Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1143359

Furthermore, UK100 does not move in 0.01 ticks it moves in 0.1 Ticks. You can observe this by bringing up a UK100 chart when connected to Forex.com and observing that the second decimal place is always zero. You can also validate this by checking the instrument on other platforms, which present the data to one decimal place: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?s...GBP&interval=5

This is a problem because when coding a strategy that places an order a Tick above or below a bar you get triggered into a trade too early.
    Last edited by kevinenergy; 02-24-2021, 08:16 AM.

Hello kevinenergy,

Thank you for reporting.

I have contacted our server team regarding the UK100 instrument settings.

For now, you can manually change it in the instrument settings (if you did not already).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi There,

I noticed an update has been pushed out to fix the incorrect Point Value on UK100 CFDs.
      However, the Tick Value is incorrect - as I explained at the end of the original message it is supposed to be 0.1, not 0.01. I've attached a screenshot from CityIndex's ATPro Platform that shows this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2021-03-04_115616.png
Views:	131
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1144820

Comment

The tick size was left to 0.01 as prices are reported in 2 decimals when connected to FXCM. I'm not sure why CityIndex uses 1 decimal. I suggest to check with them for clarification.

You can change it manually in the instrument settings if you like.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-04-2021, 07:14 AM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes