Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Price marker and text on Horizontal lines - PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price marker and text on Horizontal lines - PLEASE!!!

I have a request for two simple (and common in other platforms) improvements for the horizontal line draw tool:

1) Add the "price marker" option to lines just like most indicators have so you can see the price that a horizontal line is drawn at. Every other platform I have ever used shows you the price at which a horizontal line is drawn. I know there are third party tools for this, but I like to keep my system free of 3rd party stuff as much as possible and this seems like a "no brainer" feature.

2) Allow text to be added to a horizontal linel. Again, common in other platforms and "no brainer". Every trader I know adds horizontal lines to there charts and labels what that line represents (support, resistance, last week's close, etc...). This should include the option to save that text as part of a template so, for example, I can easily and QUICKLY add support/resistance lines as the day unfolds by drawing a line, going to properties, select my template and have that template include all the line attributes (color, style, width, etc) AND the text to identify what that line represents.

Hello ralett,

Thanks for your post.

There is an existing free and publicly available add-on you can download that we posted in the NT user apps that will provide the ability to automatically label a line with the price of that line. In addition, you can add your own text. You have options for text font, size, color. You can also create templates and can call these lines through Ninjascript. The labeledlines add-on will put additional drawing tools in the chart drawing dropdown so you can use them manually as well. Note that this covers most line types (horizontal, vertical, rays, etc.)

This add-on is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may access the tools under the pencil icon of any chart.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for a quick, but useless, response.

I am aware of the Labeled Lines 3rd party tool. I actually have it on my system, but it does not meet any of the criteria I asked for. That is why I posted this request.

1) Labeled Lines does not put the price level in the "price marker" area, it only puts the price in the chart area which interferes with other things on the chart. It has an option in properties to select "Price scale" versus "end point", but these options do not actually work. It always puts the price above the line, in the chart area. I am asking for a line that PUTS THE PRICE IN THE SAME PLACE EVERY OTHER INDICATOR SHOWS THE PRICE! In the price marker area!

2) Labeled Lines does not save text as part of a template. Yes, you can add text to a labeled line after it is drawn, but if you save that line as a template and then apply that template to another Labeled Line, you will not see the text display. The text is not saved as part of the template.

3) Labeled Lines is a 3rd party tool with no actual support and no one responsible for fixing things that are broken (see items 1 and 2 above).

Why is it so hard to just add this as a feature request instead of making customers rely on unsupported tools for a basic function?

Comment

Hello ralett,

Thanks for your reply.

I will write this up as a feature request.

If a feature request already exists your vote will be added to it.

In either event, I will update this thread when I have that information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Paul,

Thank you for adding the feature request. I apologize for my previous "snarky" comment.

Comment

Hello ralett,

Your vote has been added to the existing feature request of SFT-3455.

Feature Request Disclaimer
            We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
            When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
            Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

please add my vote for this as well

Comment

Hello Mindset,

Thanks for your note.

Your vote has been added.

Let us know if we may assist further.
                Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

the issue with labeled indicator, it will only allow to add test or price marker on one chart, but it will not duplicate , attach to, other time frame charts.

can you help

Comment

Hi mkaraa, the labeled lines drawing tool states on the chart, when you apply it as global, that global drawings are not supported with the tool. It was not possible to implement, unfortunately.

Kind regards.
                    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please add my vote for this.
                      Thank you

Comment

is there a way to have the text you add stay locked to the right side of the chart, as it is the text moves left as the chart builds more bars

thank you

Comment

Hi 1jlprop, that feature would need to be added to the existing code, there is no option that allows that at this time. Other members of the community would need to volunteer to add features to the scripts posted on the ecosystem website, as the original scripts come "As Is".

Kind regards,
                          -ChrisL
                          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you are talking about horizontal lines created by indicators you have written, you can create price markers that have the same value as the current value of the line. However, the marker is actually attached to another plot which, except for the marker, is invisible.

e.g.

// This plot supplies the price marker.
                            AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Green, 1), PlotStyle.Line, "PriceMarker");

// Create the line
                            HorizontalLine AlertLine = Draw.HorizontalLine(this, tag, IsAutoScale, Price, Plots[0].Brush, Plots[0].DashStyleHelper, (int)Plots[0].Width);

// Set plot value equal to line.
                            Values[0][0] = Price;

//This prevents ghost lines from the price marker plot.
                            if (Values[0].IsValidDataPoint(1))
                            Values[0].Reset(1);

Only the marker will show up. If your line is moveable, code accordingly to update price when the line is moved.

​​

Comment

Please add a vote for existing feature request SFT-3455.
                              Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielTynera  
                              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes