Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Resources Available to Assist With NT8 Synching Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resources Available to Assist With NT8 Synching Problem?

I'm currently having a problem with my strategy staying in synch with my account position. I'm not certain why everything keeps falling out of synch - but it is. I've read the help files on the available synch options - but I can't seem to distinguish between the various synching options available. I'm looking for a video or some other resource (other than the help file) that can provide different examples of the synch options available so that I can choose the correct "Start Behavior" in the "Strategies" box for my strategy. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by SteveTheCPA; 02-24-2021, 05:57 PM.

Hello SteveTheCPA,

Thank you for your post.

See the publicly available link below for a video regarding understanding strategy position vs account position. Please note this video is for NinjaTrader 7 but the overall concepts apply to NinjaTrader 8.
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates the differences between Strategy positions and Account positions and how to sy...

When a strategy is enabled, it processes historical data to determine trades that the strategy would have made on the data that is already on the PC/chart and to determine what position the strategy is in. (Strategy positions are separate from actual Account positions.)

Wait Until Flat will wait until this virtual/historical position is closed before live orders can be submitted. It ensures that the strategy starts trading live from a flat position. If you enable the strategy when the account is flat, the strategy will wait until this position calculated from historical data is closed so it is logically making trades starting from an entry signal.

Immediately Submit automatically submits working orders from when the strategy processed historical data, and assumes the strategy position and account position are where you want it when you enable the strategy. This is typically used to have a strategy resume a position after disabling/enabling. If the strategy already had live orders running, the orders will resume with the new enablement of the strategy if they match the historically calculated orders. If the orders calculated from historical data do not match the live working orders, the live working orders will be cancelled and replaced by those calculated from historical data.

Sync Account Positions is an additional option that has NinjaTrader submit an order to sync the account position to the position calculated by the strategy. (Not the other way around.)
    Adopt Account Position would be used if you want the strategy to inherit the Account Position upon enablement. This requires additional programming.

If you do not want the strategy to calculate a position from processing historical data. Simple add if (State == State.Historical) return; to the top of your strategy logic so historical processing is skipped. The strategy will then always start from a flat position because it has not calculated any orders.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.
    Strategy vs. Account Position — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm
    Start Behaviors — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes