Collapse

Extended hours trading not working in Ninjatrader 8 with Interactive brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended hours trading not working in Ninjatrader 8 with Interactive brokers

I am having an issue having my orders executed in extended hours trading with Ninjatrader 8 (chart trader) using Interactive brokers. My orders are being rejected. I am using the IB Gateway API and chose the gateway settings > presets > stocks: "Allow order to be activated, triggered or filled out side of regular trading hours (if available) and and set Time in force to GTC. In ninjatrader I went to tools > trading hours and chose US Equities ETH template. Is there some other settings I am missing to get this working?
    Attached Files

Hello dr0832,

Can you please check with Interactive Brokers on how to prevent this order rejection. I suspect you need to enable "Allow order to be routed and executed during pre-open session (if available)" as well. I don't think the settings in NinjaTrader cause this order rejection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It only allows me to choose one of the options in the Gateway but not both: "Allow order to be routed and executed during pre-open session (if available)" It also says ignore opening auction (if available.

Comment

I see. Please check with Interactive Brokers how this order rejection can be prevented or how the order can be placed at 8:00am (instead of 9:30am) when it is submitted when the stock does not trade.

Comment

I noticed there was a setting in Ninjatrader's connections menu > configure > interactive brokers properties : Trigger after hours

Comment

It should be enabled by default. If not enabled, please do so and then disconnect/reconnect Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes