Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Market Analyzer to Chart

Hi there,

I'm new to NinjaTrader and really impressed by the functionality - quick to set up and far less quirky than other apps.

I'm struggling with getting one thing working - how to link Market Analyzer activity to a chart.

I screen S&P 500 stocks near market close - I'm wanting to use the cursor keys to scroll down the Market Analyzer list and see a linked chart window automatically update to show that highlighted stock's daily chart.

I've tried using the Instrument Link functionality for both relevant windows, both a single colour and Link All option, with no luck - the chart window doesn't pick up the Market Analyzer line change event.

I'm not wanting to double-click or use Send to Chart - that wouldn't be too practical as I've usually got 50+ stocks to screen, I'm just wanting to use the selected row change event to cause the chart symbol to change. Am I missing something here?

If that functionality isn't available in the app, is there any way of implementing it in NinjaScript?

Any pointers/help would be much appreciated, thanks!

James

Hello jcbinks,

Thank you for the question.

Using the Instrument Link function should provide this ability for you.

When using the Instrument link feature on a Chart, please ensure that you have chosen to Instrument Link and not the Interval Link on the chart as it has two options at the top.

Please follow along with this publicly available video that demonstrates this process in case you missed a step or setting:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Clayton,

thanks so much for your help and the swift reply,

sincere apologies for the dumb newbie question - I'd been using the Interval link in the chart window - Doh!

All working fine now, thanks again!

James

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by stafe, Yesterday, 08:34 PM
      1 response