Can't login to any connection, nor rithmic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't login to any connection, nor rithmic

This evening I did a Backup f my NinjaTrader. Then I was also trying to install NT8 on another computer, which needed my license key to proceed to a download.
    That's all I did, and now suddenly I can't login. I have NinjaTrader Continuum, and I can't even login to https://my.cqg.com/home
    I also have a Rithmic connection I can't login to via NT8 nor their RTrader Pro application.
    Are systems down or what? I can't tell what is going on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NTLoginIssues.png
Views:	1902
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1143958
    Last edited by MatthewLesko; 02-27-2021, 08:20 PM.

I've been having these same issues off and on for a few days now. It only lasts for a while though, I'll try to log in a few times and eventually I get in.

Comment

Hello MatthewLesko,

Because you can't connect to 2 different connections, it could indicate connectivity issues on your end. Can you please troubleshoot the connection issue with the steps below. Test for the issue after each step.
      • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
      • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
      • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
        - Right-click on your Start button
        - Select 'Device Manager'
        - Expand 'Network Adapters'
        - Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
        - Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
        - Click 'OK' to save the changes
        - Do this for all Network Adapters

If you still can't connect, please send us an email at "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" including your NinjaTrader Continuum username as well as your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
      • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
      • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A server for trading would solve your problems. You can run both NinjaTrader and R Trader Pro on the same server, and avoid connection problems.

Many traders use a server to avoid problems with their home computer, fix performance issues and avoid connection problems. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is on 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time. All servers have Mobile App access, enabling you to trade on an Android, iPhone, Tablet, Mac/Windows from anywhere in the world, at anytime.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
        VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.
        Would highly recommend checking out
        https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

They're also listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by MatthewLesko View Post
        This evening I did a Backup f my NinjaTrader. Then I was also trying to install NT8 on another computer, which needed my license key to proceed to a download.
        That's all I did, and now suddenly I can't login. I have NinjaTrader Continuum, and I can't even login to https://my.cqg.com/home
        I also have a Rithmic connection I can't login to via NT8 nor their RTrader Pro application.
        Are systems down or what? I can't tell what is going on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NTLoginIssues.png
Views:	1902
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1143958
        Vendor_NT_Mobile
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM