Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers, Paper Trading Account, Historic Data is not there

Hi

I have connected a paper trading Interactive Brokers (IB) account. I have setup some charts with WickedRenko and only bar in progress is there but not past data. I need to test some strategies before going live. I've got the free version of NT8. Is it possible to get that data loaded in the charts under these conditions?

Regards

Hello,

Unfortunately IB does not provide historical tick data via their API connection to NinjaTrader, so bars based on ticks will only plot in real time. To plot historical tick data you'd need a data provider that provides this. Below is a chart highlighting which data providers support which data:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Ryan!!

For example, If I need to start trading now, can I buy Kinetick data to plot last 20 Renko bars and plot it them along with IB real time data? and of course, not only for plotting but most important have them both, Kinetick historical and IB Real Time data available in a single data feed for the strategy to run its logic?

Thanks in advanced

Comment

Hello,

Correct, you could use a feed such as Kinetick for data but route orders to your IB account. Below is more information on running multiple connections within NinjaTrader:

Comment

Thanks Ryan

Regards

Comment

Please one last clarification.

Let's suppose the following scenario:

Real time data: Kinetick
            Historic Data: Kinetick
            Trading account: Interactive Brokers.

I configure first in Tool/Options/Market Data Kinetic for both the real-time and historic data feeds.
            Then in the Connections I will configure my Interactive Broker Account, thew I will connect to this account.

Finally when I run my algo, this will pull the data from Kinetick, historic and real-time and will trade against IB, ...

Is this correct?

Regards

Comment

Hello,

If you have preferred connections setup, data will steam from whatever connection you have selected here (in your case Kinetick). Your strategy would then use this data to submit orders to your IB account.

Comment

Hi, Ive recently downloaded the NT8 and my broker is Interactive brokers. Im bit lost if i need to get data feeds for
                a. Real time tick/lowest granularity data possible - Is IBKR data sufficient? Is it 100% reliable or are there any known limitations for real time feed from IBKR?
                b. For Historical data - from the above replies i understand i can use third party such as Kinetik, barchart and so on- Could you recommend a point in time data feed vendor?

Thanks

Comment

Due to compliance I am unable to recommend any particular data provider, as this will be up to your trading preferences. Below is a link to all supported data providers and what data each provide for reference:

Comment

Hi Ryan, Could you please confirm if IBKR data is sufficient or not for real time live trading? Ive read some comments on public forums that IBKR data may have some feed issues real time due to some limitation. If i need to purchase the license i need to be absolutely sure IBKR feeds work with NT8 at all or should i spend more for quality data feeds?
                    I get the point for historic data i can use variety of free and paid data feeds. Thanks
                    Last edited by honest-trader; 03-11-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I apologize, but I can't determine what is 'sufficient' in your case. Each trader will have different requirements and standards they are looking for, so while a data feed may work for someone, it may not be sufficient for someone else. I would recommend contacting IB with any specific questions you have or any limitations you are concerned with.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                      16 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post samish18  
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes