Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combine two indicators to single one and load & access it from strategy

Hello
    i try to combine the Order Flow Cumulative Delta Indicator NT 8 and the EMA to a single indicator which can be loaded automatically from strategy and will plot to chart and be used from strategy.
    can you advise how it can be done?

Hello orenytz,

Thanks for your post.

You can use AddChartIndicator() in a strategy and add each indicator individually when creating the strategy so that when your strategy runs it will automatically display all the indicators you have added with AddChartIndicator.

Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tindicator.htm and https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._strategie.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul
      I would be helpful if we could have the ability that one indicator could load other indicator such the strategy can with AddChartIndicator() function.
      i tried to creat as single indicator with single plot panel which will contain two indicators: order flow cumulative delta and SMA and will signal when SMA changing direction.
      the panel will present the two indicators togheter on the single Panel. is it possible?

Thanks
      Oren

Comment

Hello Oren,

Thanks for your post.

The purpose of AddChartIndicator() is as a convenience function so that when your strategy runs it will automatically add the indicators to the chart. AddChartIndicator does not create conditions for the indicator and does not pull any data into the strategy, its only purpose is to display the selected indicators when the strategy is run. When the strategy is removed, the indicators would be removed.

You can display the Order Flow Cumulative Delta indicator on the chart in its own panel, you can add an SMA to the same panel that uses the Order Flow Cumulative Delta as its input. You could also use another indicator called ColorThePlot to indicate when the SMA is rising or falling. Here is a short video to demonstrate: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...N18xNjI5OTI4NA

Note: In the video I added a standard SMA and then added the ColorThePlot using an SMA just to demonstrate that ColorThePlot will use an SMA as an input. To clarify, you would only need to add the Order flow cumulative data and then ColorThePlot indicator that uses an SMA as the input and the SMA uses Order flow cumulative delta (delta close) as its input.

if this is what you want to do, here is a link to the ColorThePlot indicator: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../colortheplot/

To Import:
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
        Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
        • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
        Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
        The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	orenytz-1.PNG
Views:	983
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1147183
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 03-18-2021, 06:37 AM. Reason: Added chart from video for clarification.

Comment

Thank you Paul
          it's exactly what i wanted to accomplish !
          The issue with it that it good for visual use. if i want to use it from the strategy i have to add another instance with the same input parameters of the same indicators in my strategy.
          Thanks again
          Oren

Comment

Hello Oren,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct you would need to use the same indicators in your strategy. The good news is that the ColorThePlot indicator provides a transparent plot called "Signal" that will provide a +1 when direction changes to up and a -1 when the direction changes to down and otherwise is 0.

Comment

i wili use the indicators as you suggested !
              Thank you very much Paul !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
              0 responses