Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position close at exit or loss of connectioon

Hello,

If I am running an automated trading program and I lose internet, is there a way to set up NT8 to close any open positions until I enable the algo to start again as a fail safe?

Welcome to the forums ianfaler!

If you suffer a connection loss, there will be no way for NinjaTrader to communicate with the broker to have positions closed and orders cancelled.

In such an event, it would be highly advised to contact your broker's Order Desk to ensure your positions are managed and to take action on any open positions if needed.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It can be very dangerous to run automated live trading with the risk of losing internet connection. Have you considered moving over to a server?

Many traders use a server to avoid problems with their home computer, fix performance issues and avoid connection problems. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is on 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time. All servers have Mobile App access, enabling you to trade on an Android, iPhone, Tablet, Mac/Windows from anywhere in the world, at anytime.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
      VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.

Originally posted by ianfaler View Post
      Hello,

If I am running an automated trading program and I lose internet, is there a way to set up NT8 to close any open positions until I enable the algo to start again as a fail safe?
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 03-01-2021, 10:13 AM. Reason: Removed self advertisement
      Vendor_NT_Mobile
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Hello ianfaler,

Vendor_NT_Mobile does present an idea that may be worth considering. Many users choose to run NinjaTrader on a Virtual Private Server. If you would like more information on how to find various Virtual Private Server services, we can have a colleague follow up. Just let us know.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree
        by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
        5 responses