Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader issues with OCO ID

Hello,

I have been testing the chart trader functionality and have come across an issue (i believe). The example is that I will take trade long or short. What I will do is press the close button and then immediately try to enter in to the same direction again via market order.

This produces a error message stating Order 'XXXXXX' can't be submitted. The OCO ID 'XXXXX' cannot be reused. Please use a new OCO ID: <order type> in my case the order type was BuyToCover

Any ideas?

Hello WHICKED,

Thank you for reaching out to us over the forums with these details.

This error you have noted indicates that you have the OCO mode enabled while the original OCO order was closed. To resolve, you may press Control+z on your keyboard to turn off OCO mode, you should see a small green "OCO" icon become disabled when you do this. This would indicate the OCO mode is turned off.

For additional information on this topic, I have provided a publicly available link to our help guide section that goes over the OCO mode in further detail:Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader questions or inquiries in the future.

Comment

There was no OCO enabled (as from your comment above there would have been a GREEN OCO icon at the top of the chart, which is not present)

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

Thank you for responding with these details.

Are there any other steps besides placing a long or short order, closing the position then immediately place another order in the same market direction, that is causing this behavior? I tested on my end in the Chart Trader and was unable to reproduce this error without having the OCO mode turned on and testing these steps.

Are you using an ATM strategy when you place your orders? If you test these steps without the OCO mode turned on, do you experience the same error?

Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Comment

Yes, there is ATM created when doing these trades. Its a basic with 3 contracts, 3 targets and a stop.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

Thank you for responding with these details.

I am unable to reproduce this behavior without turning on the OCO mode with an ATM strategy applied with 3 targets. Are there any particular steps you are taking that we can follow to regularly reproduce this behavior?

If so, please indicate what steps you are taking so we may be able to test on our end. Additionally, if you are able to reproduce this behavior, please send a screenshot of the 'Chart Trader' properties window under the 'General' section. You can access this window by Right-Clicking on the 'Chart Trader' and selecting 'Properties'.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Just for clarification. If OCO mode is disabled - this means that there is a GREEN OCO present on the chart?

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

Thank you for your reply.

To clarify, when the OCO mode is disabled, there would be no green 'OC' symbol visible on the chart. When it is enabled, you would see the green 'OC' symbol on the chart.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

I am having the same issue with OCO orders turned ON. Cannot place another OCO with out hitting CTRL+Z to turn it off then back on. Please tell me there is a fix for this??? I'm on the latest version NT8.

Comment

Hello SCAR8,

As mentioned in post 6 this was not something we could reproduce with the given information. If you have any specific steps that you can provide which causes the problem we could certainly review that.

Just to clarify, if you are trying to place a second unrelated OCO you need to turn off OCO and then turn it back on to generate a new OCO. If you have it enabled any orders you submit would be a part of that OCO, if the OCO has been completed you will get an error related to reusing the existing OCO.
                    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes that is the issue, why in the world would I have to manually turn OCOs back off and on again to place another order? No other trading program is like this that I've used. That is completely bogus if this hasn't been fixed yet and there is no way around it in the settings...

Comment

Hello SCAR8,

That is because you can link many orders in one OCO. Any orders that are linked with an OCO would be cancelled if one of the paired orders is filled. The OCO toggle button when turned on generates 1 OCO id that can be used for any orders while it is on. Once it is off new orders won't be included with that previous OCO. The ID's can only be used 1 time so you would need to re generate a new OCO by toggling it back on when you want to place a new unrelated OCO order.

Comment

So you're saying there is no way to trade back to back OCO orders with out toggling this back and forth? Something that you can literally do on any other trading platform? When an order has just closed and I want another entry right away I shouldn't be having to take an extra step just hit buy or sell like all the others. Makes this trading platform next to useless.

Comment

Hello SCAR8,

Yes you need to toggle that setting to inform the platform you want a new OCO generated. The platform won't know you want a new OCO unless you tell it that by using that control.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DynamicTest  
                            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes