Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option Chain time

Hi,

Does the Option Chain follow the PC Clock time?

The reason I ask because I'm at UTC + 8, and the options that are expiring today in US are no longer available. How can I call up those options without changing the PC clock time and date?

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello Kaywai,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry and providing these details.

I would recommend testing by changing the Time Zone that NinjaTrader is set to under the Control Panel > Tools > Options > 'General' section > Time Zone > Press OK to confirm any changes

If you change this setting to a different time zone then restart NinjaTrader, does this allow you to access the options you wish?

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

Your suggestion worked! I changed to UTC-5 and the contracts came back!

Thank you!

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hi Brendan,

The only problem after the restart, is it couldn't pull the earlier part of the day's data from IB and could only go with the "now" data. Is there a fix?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hello Kaywai,

Thank you for responding with these details.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all the following questions:
          • Who are you connected to? Based on your last message, are you using Interactive Brokers?
          • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected for the options chain? For example, ES 03-21, AAPL, etc.
          • Could you clarify what data is no longer appearing? Could you send a screenshot of the behavior you are experiencing?
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
          Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

1) Yes, I'm connected to Interactive Brokers
            2) The options I was looking at was SPY 210303 C385 and SPY 210303 P385
            3) I've attached both charts which I manage to take a short while ago. They only print to Mar 2! Yesterday's intraday day doesn't even print on the charts.
            4) After your suggestion to restart NT8 post-adjusting the timezones, I got the options chain that I was looking for but when I called up the specific instruments I mentioned above, what was shown on the 1 minute charts was the previous day's (March 2) datapoints and then it began the current time's data points. What I was missing was today's (Mar 3) datapoints from open to the point I requested for the charts. I waited for half an hour but the missing data still didn't appear and logged off for the day.
            5) When I logged back on a short while ago, all the data points for Mar 3 are missing. My dataseries end date is Mar 4 and the days to load is 5.

Regards

Kay Wai
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kaywai; 03-04-2021, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

I'm getting a kind of similar issue today when I toggle between different strikes. I lost 12 minutes of data....between today's open and 9.42am.
              I've used "Reload all historical data and that is not working either.

I've attached a minute chart. Hopefully that helps you.

Just pulled up a chart from TWS. No issues with the charts there

Regards
              Kay Wai
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kaywai; 03-04-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hello KayWai,

Thank you for responding with these clarifying details.

I would suspect this is related to the trading hours templates applied within your charts. If you change the currently selected trading hour template to a different trading hour template, for example the 'default 24x7' template, does this allow the data to appear as expected?

To retrieve 24/7 data on a chart, please follow the directions below.
                • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
                • In the Data Series menu, set the "Trading hours" property to 'Default 24/7', then click OK.
                • Reload historical data when you finish this process to see if you obtain the missing data.
                Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

The issue is still there. The data from the open till now is missing.

Under Options -> Market Data, should i be changing anything under Preferred Connections - real-time? They are defaulted to None.

Regards

Kay Wai
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by kaywai; 03-04-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Hello Kaywai,

Thank you for responding with these details. I am sorry to hear this did not assist with the behavior.

If you would like for us to further investigate this behavior you are experiencing, please send your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2995279 ATTN Brendan

Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

I changed the time zone back to UTC + 8. Everything is as expected. Though I will not be able to call up the expiring option contracts after a certain time tomorrow.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                      0 responses