Order Flow Trade Detector Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Trade Detector Request

I love the Order Flow Trade Detector and have a request that I feel would make it better.

Currently the size of the circles are way out of proportion relative to volume. With a Minimum Volume For Marker set to 100, a circle with a volume of 170 is approximately 3 times the diameter and 9 times the area of a circle with a volume of 120.

If the circle area was proportional to the volume, the circle size would better represent the trade size (e.g. a circle with a volume of 170 would have an area that is 140% of a circle with a volume 120).

Thanks, Greg
    The Trading Mantis
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Hello Greg,

Thank you very much for your message.

I have thoroughly tested the Trade Detector's circles over the last 30 minutes and was not able to find a discrepancy of this magnitude. In most cases, it seems the offset would be in the low dual digit percentages and could be attributed to rounding / drawing the circle.

To confirm this, I even engaged in some pixel counting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pixel count.png
Views:	179
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1144889

Having taken this 1-second chart as an example (as it gave the 'cleanest' trade detector bubbles at generally only a single price point), all bubbles seem to be roughly around the 2.5 px / vol range.

We have a pending feature request with our Development Team, to customize/improve the scaling of the Trade Detector, with the goal of having more control over the customized appearance of the Trade Detector.

As this should also assist you in this regard, I've added a vote on your behalf to this feature request.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4461. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    1 response
    0 likes