X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best VPS Location for NinjaTrader Continuum

Hello,

I am trading with NinjaTrader Brokerage using NT Continuum. Trading the MNQ

Wich is the best location for low latency for rent a VPS?

Many thanks

Hello bcomas,

Thank you for your post.

The order routing servers for Continuum (CQG) are located in the midwest and so are the data servers for the CME Group. As a result, I would a expect a VPS in this region to be the most optimal.

Comment

Thanks!

So Chicago, IL for trade the MNQ with Continuum?

Is a good option

Comment

Hello bcomas,

MNQ trades on the CME, so Chicago would be a very central server location to the Continuum order servers and the exchange's servers.

Comment

Hi bcomas, would highly recommend checking out https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/, we offer ultra low latency, high performance VPS, located in Chicago.
          The latency to CQG servers is 1ms, lowest possible.

Originally posted by bcomas View Post
          Hello,

Wich is the best location for low latency for rent a VPS?

Many thanks
          Vendor_NT_Mobile
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Hi Vendor_NT_Mobile

I am a potential customer.

"The latency to CQG servers is 1ms, lowest possible."

What is your latency to Rithmic's data servers?

Connectivity to iPhone, iPad and MacOS: I found no mention of NinjaTrader Mobile i the online Appple App store, nor the App store on my iPhone 10 or iPad Mini.

What app would I use to connect to the server via my iPhone 10 and from my iPad Mini?

If there is a more appropriate NT forum thread to ask these questions just let me know.

Thanks!
            HedgePlay

Comment

Hello, NinjaTrader can only be run on Windows operating system. In order to switch between devices, NinjaTrader is installed on your licensed Windows Server. Then use the Microsoft App on iPhone, iPad, and MacOS to connect to your server. App for iPhone 10 and iPad Mini: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-ios

For CQG, we pinged their IP 64.208.51.207 while remotely connected to one of our VPS and have a 1ms response. The IP is from page 4 of the CQG Trader Specs https://www.cqg.com/sites/default/fi...erTechSpec.pdf
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1 ms Ping CQG_highlight.png
Views:	3838
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1145250

We're happy to test latency against Rithmic if anyone has their IP for running a traceroute. For Rithmic, I know they also have servers in Europe, so it would depend on which servers you are connecting to.

For our VPS, we maintain servers in Chicago, New York, and Amsterdam (Europe) for you to choose the most suitable location based on your broker, datafeed, and instruments.

Lastly, want to note that 1-2ms is mainly a consideration for algo trading. For most users that are chart trading, low latency is important but even more important is the proper CPU specs to minimize the feeling of chart lag. Many VPS providers run on old Intel CPU, where lag is noticeable for remote desktop connections. In order to reduce lag, we use modern AMD Ryzen CPU, and the benefits for chart trading on a VPS are noticeable.

Originally posted by hedgeplay View Post
              Hi Vendor_NT_Mobile

I am a potential customer.

"The latency to CQG servers is 1ms, lowest possible."

What is your latency to Rithmic's data servers?

Connectivity to iPhone, iPad and MacOS: I found no mention of NinjaTrader Mobile i the online Appple App store, nor the App store on my iPhone 10 or iPad Mini.

What app would I use to connect to the server via my iPhone 10 and from my iPad Mini?

If there is a more appropriate NT forum thread to ask these questions just let me know.

Thanks!
              HedgePlay

Vendor_NT_Mobile

Comment

Originally posted by bcomas View Post
                Hello,

Which is the best location for low latency for rent a VPS?

Many thanks
                Hi Bob,

I fully agree with Christopher D. Chicago is where you want to be. Four neighborhoods that frequently come up in this discussion are Lower West Side Chicago ( just north-west of the intersection of Highways 90 & 55, Naperville, Aurora & downtown Chicago.

DNS is reporting two locations for the IP address providing my CQG Continuum data today, one downtown and one in the Lower West side. (Hwy 90 & 55)
                IP Location lookup tool finds your real IP address location based on coordinates found for your IP address in geo IP databases. Just enter any IP or domain name, and we let us tell you from where it originates.

The CQG server Vendor_NT_Mobile tested above is in Naperville
                IP Location lookup tool finds your real IP address location based on coordinates found for your IP address in geo IP databases. Just enter any IP or domain name, and we let us tell you from where it originates.

I am hoping discussion in the thread and the many tools at this site help you with this quest.
                DNS, IP, Developer, Productivity and Network Tools are available. Variety of online tools such as Time Card calculator, Domain suggestion, port checker, IP location lookup, MAC Lookup, QR Scanner, NameChecker, Credit Card Generator.

HedgePlay
                Last edited by hedgeplay; 03-06-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Is www.ninjamobiletrader.com/ part of ninja trader?

Comment

Hello JTizz,

This is a third-party service, which is not directly affiliated with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Have a great day, bcomas! I think you need one cPanel license per one server. This is a huge amount, but if I remember this right, they have some good promotions when you are making a big purchase at their service. Last year I did a big VPS service purchase for $ 50000, and they lowered the cost by 10 percent for my future orders as well as this order had a 10% lower price. So the cPanel service is a very cheap windows VPS service in the market at this moment. If you need some suggestions, feel free to send me a private message.
                      Last edited by CaciRigisp; 10-28-2021, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Hi, I'm not very into in this domain but, I've been using vps for a while, and I think the best option is windows vps. Of course, there are tons of options you can find on the market now, but not all of them are as useful. I always try to contact someone from that brand and figure out what their advantages are. It gives me a better understanding of what the brand really represents. Usually, the most helpful ones, in my case, are the ones that have a live customer support chat on their website. It makes everything more accessible and more operative.
                        Last edited by Protea; 01-12-2022, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Protea,

There are a handful of third-party VPS providers that would allow you to run NinjaTrader on a remote server. Here is a link to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website with search results for third-party VPS providers. You can find more information about these companies by visiting their websites and contacting them directly:The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

hedgeplay NinjaTrader_ChristopherD can you provide an update on this subject? I'm trying to find the VPS with the lowest latency to Ninjatrader's Continuum servers.

Comment

At www.ninjamobiletrader.com, our latency is <1ms. You can actually confirm yourself through the built in latency check in Rithmic Trader Pro. Ninjatrader Continuum latency is similar.

See attached screenshot. 1.38 milliseconds for roundtrip, or 0.69 milliseconds for one way.

Vendor_NT_Mobile

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite