Indicator to Output Length of Wicks of Candle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator to Output Length of Wicks of Candle

I am looking for an NT8 indicator that outputs the length of the wicks above and below a candle. It is that simple. Does anyone know of an indicator like that or of someone who can develop that indicator?

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

You can search our User App Share at the following link:

For information about our third-party vendor ecosystem, including programming services, please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

Don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tyler, I did search the ecosystem but did not see anything. Might you have a suggestion for a search argument that might find what I am looking for?

Comment

This would be likely either a bar type or chart style, so searching the 'Miscellaneous section' to exclude indicators and strategies may help you narrow it down .

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Dan W, we can make the indicator for you and include it for free with a trading server subscription.

Would highly recommend checking out https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/ for the best high speed affordable servers, and let us know if you want the indicator made.

Originally posted by Dan W View Post
          I am looking for an NT8 indicator that outputs the length of the wicks above and below a candle. It is that simple. Does anyone know of an indicator like that or of someone who can develop that indicator?
          Vendor_NT_Mobile
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Tyler, thanks for the tip. But, I do not see a "Miscellaneous section" on Search Trading Apps & Services | NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of it: http://prntscr.com/10drib2

Comment

It looks like I might be looking for someone who can create 2 simple plot-based indicators for me: 1 to show the value in ticks of the wick above the candle body, and one to show the value in ticks of the wick below the candle body.

Comment

For information about our third-party vendor ecosystem, including programming services, please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

Don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi OP. Did you ever get this resolved? Im looking for the exact same thing.

Comment

David, I did have 2 custom indicators developed. For each bar, one indicator returns the number of ticks of wick above the bar and the other indicator returns the number of ticks of wick below the bar. I developed a strategy with Bloodhound that used this information to enter trades. The custom indicators worked perfectly, but my strategy was not as successful as I had hoped.

Comment

Dan W,

I have been searching for an indicator that can measure the wick size of UniRenko bars. Do you have any suggestions how I might go about finding an indicator like this?

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Christopher_R  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses