Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader freezing up and not responding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader freezing up and not responding.

Whenever I switch between times frames on a chart the chart window turns black and it says not responding and I have to shut NT down. It happens a few times a day on any chart window. How do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Johnny Santiago; 03-04-2021, 05:26 PM.

Hello Johnny Santiago,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2997770- Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Shawn,
      I often have almost the same problem-I would like to know what the problem is. I would log on to a server if someone can tell me it's my computer or my data connection. Even if you create several WS, in volatile times there is no way to think about trading-this has to get better.
      I will also send you a mail,ok?

Martina

Comment

Hello,

You can write in as well, but please provide a description of the issue in full on the ticket as it will not be linked to this forum post.

We look forward to hearing from you.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If it ends up being a problem with your computer, would highly recommend checking out https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

Many traders use a server to avoid problems with their home computer, fix performance issues and avoid connection problems. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is available 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time. All servers have Mobile App access, enabling you to trade on an Android, iPhone, Tablet, Mac/Windows from anywhere in the world, at anytime.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
          VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.

Listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by Johnny Santiago View Post
          Whenever I switch between times frames on a chart the chart window turns black and it says not responding and I have to shut NT down. It happens a few times a day on any chart window. How do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
          Vendor_NT_Mobile
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Originally posted by Vendor_NT_Mobile View Post
            If it ends up being a problem with your computer, would highly recommend checking out https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

Many traders use a server to avoid problems with their home computer, fix performance issues and avoid connection problems. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is available 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time. All servers have Mobile App access, enabling you to trade on an Android, iPhone, Tablet, Mac/Windows from anywhere in the world, at anytime.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
            VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.

Listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

One question, I have a dell i7 10750H turbo boost up to 4.8 ghz 32gb ram and ssd nvme, your vps can give me the same performance in uploading charts, I use a lot of tick charts and volume profile with 1 tick resolution. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by frasg View Post

One question, I have a dell i7 10750H turbo boost up to 4.8 ghz 32gb ram and ssd nvme, your vps can give me the same performance in uploading charts, I use a lot of tick charts and volume profile with 1 tick resolution. Thanks
              Short answer: To get the best performance possible, we recommend our High Performance VPS plan because it is the most suitable for lots of tick charts and volume profile.

Longer Explanation: To get the best performance, you want a CPU with a high single thread rating because the way NinjaTrader works is that it runs all charts from the same instrument on the same thread. For example, 10 charts with the same instrument in all charts will be processed on the same thread, and that is often the cause of the bottleneck, leading to poor performance. For this reason, you want a CPU with a high single thread rating. You can read the official response here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...57#post1076757

Our VPS uses Ryzen 5900x CPU, which has a single thread rating of 3494: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php...+5900X&id=3870

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73184.png
Views:	589
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1199012

Vendor_NT_Mobile
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM