Maximum Number of Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum Number of Windows

I have a program which lets me quickly populate any number of display workspaces.
    When I open NT, all of my NT windows appear on my home screen. I press a key and they are distributed among six window sets, any one of which can be accessed by a key press.
    I have three 21 inch monitors. I'm planning to replace them with two 42" monitors (equivalent of eight of my current screens), and I would greatly expand the number of NT windows I have open.
    My computer and video card have plenty of available RAM and low CPS usage.
    Although I'm not having any problems now, in the past, misbehaving indicators have thrown an "insufficient quota" error. Since that sounds as though NT sets a maximum amount of some resources. It made me wonder if the NT program sets a maximum number of open windows or if ii it is only limited by computer resources.
    Please advise.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

There would be no hard set limit to the number of windows you can have open with NinjaTrader.
    Regarding "Not enough quota to process the command issues", you can also increase virtual memory to help alleviate quota related issues. Many people on the internet recommend setting virtual memory to be 1.5x that of physical memory. This may hide an underlying issue, but can still help to rule out if quota related issues are causing a deadlock scenario. If you still get hanging symptoms after increasing virtual memory, then this would point to a locking issue involving perhaps a custom add-on, and would advise writing in to our support directly at platformsupport{at}ninjatrader{dot}com so we may examine your files at that time.

Below is are some publicly available resources for changing virtual memory.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...er-performance
    https://www.x-plane.com/kb/increasin...ry-on-windows/

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes