Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different quotes from FXCM demo account

Hi there,

I have a FXCM demo accont and I noticed that the candles and quotes that I get on FXCM's platform are different from the candles and quotes I get when I connect through Ninja Trader platform using the same user and password.

Does anyone know why it is that way?

Regards,

Hello tuliomgui,

Thanks for your post.

This is expected. You can experience a difference in data when you compare different data feed providers or platforms. See the link below under 'Understanding the variables involved in building chart bars' in NinjaTrader.

Different data feeds produce different charts, especially when using tick-based intervals vs time-based intervals. Market data vendors each employ various methods for tick filtering, throttling, and time stamping. As a result, no data stream is 100% identical and thus can cause subtle differences in charts.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn, thank you for the reply.

I read the topic you mentioned and it says about different quotes and bars from different data feeds.

The issue I am talking about happens connecting to the same data feed (FXCM) using the same user and password, but one connection is made on FXCM's platform and the other connection is made on Ninja Trader 8, should it really be expected to have different quotes and bars?

I would like to state that I have an app that connects to FXCM's server using the FIX protocol and the quotes and bars that I get on my app are the same quotes and bars I see on FXCM's platform.

Regards.

Comment

Hello tuliomgui,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2999972 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Issue was solved, just go to Control Center -> Connections -> Configure, then select your FXCM connection and disable the option NinjaTrader historical data server, reload your chart data and the quotes should be just the same as FXCM's platform.

Thank you guys!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          0 responses