indicators dissappeared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicators dissappeared?

Sigh. Feel like i'm forever fighting with this software.

Anyway, after my recent thread where, after I was forced to do a hard reset on my PC (it had frozen) my templates disappeared - after trying the suggestions (which included re-instlaling the software) I was forced to rebuild my templates from scratch. Took a while but got there in the end

On to today, after restarting my PC (the proper way, and closing down ninja as recommended) for some reason certain indicators have disappeared.

They still exist on my PC (so I see them if I go to documents, nt8, custom etc) but in the platform itself, the indicators are gone

I thought ''Grrrr!!! how annoying! Never mind, i'll just re-import them', but when I try to do that I get the error about programming errors meaning i'm unable to import anything. These ''errors' have also seemingly appeared out of nowhere?

Thinking about just buying a few cheap PC's and starting from scratch each time at this point haha.

Hello subterfuge,

Thank you for your note.

This would indicate that there are compile errors that are occurring that are keeping the indicators from compiling and therefore showing up in the list.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and post the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If your considering buying a new PC because of PC problems, then another popular option to is run NinjaTrader on a VPS. Many traders use a server to avoid problems with their home computer, fix performance issues and avoid connection problems. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed the server which is available 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time. Then you can use any device (different computers, Android, iPhone, Tablets, etc.) to remotely connect to the VPS where NinjaTrader is already running. Switching between different computers and devices is quick & easy.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
      VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.

Check out NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by subterfuge View Post
      Sigh. Feel like i'm forever fighting with this software.

Anyway, after my recent thread where, after I was forced to do a hard reset on my PC (it had frozen) my templates disappeared - after trying the suggestions (which included re-instlaling the software) I was forced to rebuild my templates from scratch. Took a while but got there in the end

On to today, after restarting my PC (the proper way, and closing down ninja as recommended) for some reason certain indicators have disappeared.

They still exist on my PC (so I see them if I go to documents, nt8, custom etc) but in the platform itself, the indicators are gone

I thought ''Grrrr!!! how annoying! Never mind, i'll just re-import them', but when I try to do that I get the error about programming errors meaning i'm unable to import anything. These ''errors' have also seemingly appeared out of nowhere?

Thinking about just buying a few cheap PC's and starting from scratch each time at this point haha.
      Vendor_NT_Mobile
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses