No Futures in symbol select on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Futures in symbol select on chart

In symbol select, under "futures", the list of available futures is no there. I'm not sure what I did but help fixing this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello fealix,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your post and providing these details.

You should be able to search various Futures instruments by using the instrument selector. As you type the instrument, this should search for the instruments in the database. You can search for these instruments in the instrument selector of any window. Here is a link with additional information about using the instrument selector:If you are still unable to view any instruments or instrument lists, please send a screenshot of where these instruments or instrument lists are not appearing as expected.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Brendan C. Thank you for the quick reply. I will send a screen shot if trouble persists.

Comment

Perhaps it's the search feature that's missing (.jpg attached)? Sorry if I am so inexperienced that I'm not asking the question properly and thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello fealix,

Thank you for responding with this screenshot.

The screenshot you have sent appears to show the instrument lists with your mouse hovered over the Futures list. If you wish to search for an instrument, rather than clicking on the arrow which opens the instrument lists, left click in the space where it says 'select' and type the instrument you wish to search.

Here is a quick video I made demonstrating this process and searching for different instruments:If you wish to add additional instruments to the instrument list, you can do so by following the steps below:
          • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
          • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add instruments to in the left panel (for example 'Futures'), then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
          • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
          • Repeat for any other instruments you wish to add to the instrument list
          • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.
          I have provided a publicly available link that goes over this topic in further detail:Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader questions or inquiries in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TradeForge  
          Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian