Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with IB - Strategy does not re enter

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing an issue with Interactive Brokers for quite some time and it happened again today. My automated strategy takes the initial entry and exits (PT/SL) as expected, however, the 2nd entry (i.e. re-entry) is completely ignored. There are some days where my strategy has multiple entries (during a volatile day) but the 2nd trade is never initiated. There is nothing in the log/trace file when entry signal is trigger. My workaround for this has been to 'disable' and 'reenable' the strategy after every completed IB trade and this way the next trade is taken. Clearly this is not ideal.

I run 2 instances of the same strategy on 2 accounts - GFF Brokers and IB (same exact code) simultaneously via NT multi broker license. I have absolutely no issues with GFF (multiple entries, reentries) whereas IB only takes the first trade and then stalls unless I disable/reenable IB strategy. My connection to IB is via TWS978 (I have used gateway 978 in the past as well but had the same problem there).

I have checked with platform support a few times on this issue and they have reviewed log/trace files but the problem still exists.

Hoping someone can help me out here....I am starting to give up on IB altogether. Thanks.

Last edited by sharma.anki86; 03-10-2021, 04:17 PM.

Hello sharma.anki86,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can find this under Help > About. The current version of the platform is 8.0.24.0 - if you are not on this version please update and test:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Next, this sounds like possibly an issue with position updates from IB. There's a known issue wherein the order in which NinjaTrader receives Order/Execution/Position updates is not guaranteed and this can cause the position not to be updated internally to the strategy. To determine if this is occurring we'd really need to see your log and trace files for the latest occurrence.

Rather than post those here please send them in from the platform. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3007175 ATTN Kate W.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate.

I am running NT 8.0.23.0 64-bit and will plan to update it to the latest version. Does the latest version include a fix for this?

I have also sent you my log/trace files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Davidtowleii