Secondary workspaces will not load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secondary workspaces will not load.

I have 3 workspaces and have been using them for number of years. A couple of days ago and for no apparent reason, NT8 refused to open. I updated NT and as a result I was able to open the initial Workspace but still not able to open other 2? Typically NT opens 50% of page content then freezes up entire program. Have tried cold reboot but to no avail. .

I have to admit loading the program has been a problem for a couple of years but I have been able to get around this by using the Task Manager - "end task" feature which closes the program and then immediately reopen program. Can takes a couple of times but program will open.

Comment

One of the main causes of increased resources being used is multiple workspaces running at the same time and most people don't even realize that is occurring. To help boost performance, the newest release of NinjaTrader (8.0.24.0) now will only open multiple workspaces at startup for users who opt into doing so. No action is needed to only open 1 workspace at startup. To opt-in for multiple workspaces, go to the Control Center > General and enable 'Reopen all previously open workspaces at startup'.

This change and all other changes in the new update are detailed in the release notes:With that said, if you're experiencing performance issues with only a single workspace open, some further analysis and troubleshooting is likely in order.

Does this symptom only occur during periods of high market volatility? Or does it happen constantly?

While the symptom is occurring, if you disconnect from data, do your charts continue to update in real-time? Or do they stop instantly?

Can anything be done to 'fix' the symptom? If so, what steps do you take?

How many total chart windows are in the main workspace? In those charts, how many chart tabs are there? In those chart tabs, how many total indicators are applied?

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
      • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
      • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
      • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
      • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
        • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

This occurs in all market conditions. Even my primary page is now sluggish and hard to manipulate items on charts without getting the windows whirl graphic. So far I can not perform your requested test as I can not get NT to acknowledge my requests. I will continue to try though but may require a closing of program.

Comment

NT is using tremendous amt of resources 12 million MB.

Comment

At times computer running at 94% of capacity, although right now only 7,000 MB

Comment

I assume you're referring to memory or RAM usage. 12 million MB is 12,000 GB which would be impossible for any desktop PC to physically contain. 12,000 MB would be 12 GB and is in the realm of possibility as most modern PC's have 16GB of RAM so I'll assume this is what you are actually detecting. RAM usage will scale with the complexity of your workspace, however, if your workspace is 'simple' and there is still this much RAM usage then there must be another underlying root cause that we need to discover.

What does 'capacity' mean? CPU usage?

For reference, I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:I'll need the information and screenshot I asked for in my last post to provide any further accurate or specific steps/recommendations. So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
              • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
              • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
              • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
              • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
              Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Utilization Monitor as requested.
                Attached Files

Comment

The other problem I am having for 2 years is I am not able to load new scripts to NT.

Comment

I think it'd be best for you to send us your files for analysis as the forums are not the best medium for multi-issue complex troubleshooting.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3007899 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Could that be part of same problem?

Comment

I won't be able to accurately answer this question without more information from the requested files. Please follow my instructions in post #10 to continue this conversation via email.

Comment

Here is the Ninja Script Output.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The NinjaScript Output window is not the information I've asked for and unfortunately isn't useful to further troubleshoot what you're experiencing. Please proceed as advised in post #10:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                            I think it'd be best for you to send us your files for analysis as the forums are not the best medium for multi-issue complex troubleshooting.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3007899 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Understood.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                              20 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM