Download of NT8 Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download of NT8 Fails

When I attempt to download the latest version (or any version) of ninjatrader8 I fail with the attached screenshot error. I have tried changing where in my directory the nt8 files are installed with no avail. Not sure how to proceed here. Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8DownloadingError.png
Views:	404
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1146072

Hello moliver,

Thank you for the question.

This error normally results when there is another program accessing the file when NinjaTrader needs it or you do not have Administrative permission to modify the file.
    • Although, as the error mentions, please follow that file path and first make sure that the file it is referring to actually exists within the specified location.
    • If not, please go to the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove programs(Programs and features) > Click NinjaTrader 8 > Click Repair and finish the repair > Try the update again
    If the above was not the case, please try the suggestions below and try the update between each different process.

Please first make sure that your Windows Firewall is set to give NinjaTrader full access and permission to all Networks.

Now, check your antivirus software and ensure that it has been set to give NinjaTrader full permission as well, and if the antivirus has an "Exclusions list" or "Allowed Programs" make sure NinjaTrader has been added there.

If you have any kind of data backup software, set it to not backup the Documents folder while you are using/updating the platform as this will result in errors.

If you are still unable to open the platform, please use one of the following methods to send us your log and trace files so that we may analyze what is occurring with your PC and Platform specifically.

Automatically: Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
    Input your Email address
    Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 3008480
    Attach any screenshots that could help demonstrate the behavior Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
    Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
    Send the email

Manually: Open the file explorer and go to your "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") folder
    Open the NinjaTrader 7 (8) folder
    Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and left-click the 'log' and 'trace' folders to highlight them both
    Now, Right-click on the 'trace' folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
    Once compressed, attach the compressed file in an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
    Once complete, you may delete this compressed folder
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the feedback!

One thing to note, this error occurs during the download process and causes a failure of the creation of the NT8 files/directory. So I can't provide a stacktrace through ninjatrader since it fails beforehand - let me know if there is a workaround. Looking into the directory that does get created - the only files available are bin/ with pt-Pt/NinjaTrader.Gui.resources.dll and a /Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

Also, the file that is being requested templates/Skins/Light/SuperDom.xaml is in that filepath. Below you will find a screenshot of what is created so far in the NT8 directory structure. The one thing that I also notice is that OneDrive seems to be running and blocking the opening of the SuperDom file itself. I was reading through some forum posts and OneDrive seems to cause issues a lot for running NT8 correctly. Could this be the issue? Below you will see the error that I get when I attempt to open the SuperDom.xaml file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8Error.png
Views:	500
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1146117

Name:	DirectoryNT8.png
Views:	414
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1146119

Name:	OneDriveError.png
Views:	397
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1146120
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello moliver,

Thank you for the update.

There are times that One Drive and NinjaTrader 8 are able to coexist on a PC and there are times that they are not.
        • This is why I did not want to instantly suggest this as being the culprit as it could or could not be the cause.
        • If you do not actively use One Drive and only have it on your PC because it came with it installed, I could provide instructions on how to stop the One Drive from backing up your Documents folder so that it does not interfere with NinjaTrader.
        • This would at least remove One Drive as being a possibility that this behavior is occuring.
        As a test before going the route above, please try to simply uninstall the NinjaTrader platform and then reinstall NinjaTrader from the
        • If you run into an error where the platform is not able to be uninstalled, please use the publicly available link below to download a windows utility that will help you uninstall NinjaTrader 8:
        • After uninstalling, please use the following link to redownload the update/install file and reinstall NinjaTrader 8:
          • www.NinjaTrader.com > Enter your email > Submit > Download > Click the file > Run > Click next until installed
          • Test for issues
        If you are still running into errors, you may follow along with this infographic I created on stopping One Drive from backing up the Documents folder to remove it as a factor.
        • If you do this process, please create a backup file of your platform first so you can reimport everything as this process will result in a fresh installation of NinjaTrader. Otherwise, you will have to manually move the files.
        • https://www.screencast.com/t/2pKLiLVJm
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses