Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Depth Chart

Hello,

Are there any resources on the new feature added to NT8, the Depth Chart (for ES)? I've read what's in the help guide, and I am still trying to figure out what I am looking at. How is the summation of bids (asks) performed? For example, if I look at an X-axis value for a price that has not previously traded (e.g. ES 4000), what is being summed up to get a value of 13k ask volume? Let's assume that offers at 4,000 are moved, canceled, resized, etc...is it just summing the values on every change? E.g. if the ask at 4000 is 100, and then increases to 102, is the Depth Chart going to display 202?

Thanks

Hello dafty,

Thanks for posting.

The values shown in the Depth Chart are based on the number of resting limit orders at that price level. These values are being updated constantly in real-time. Another way to visualize the same information is to load the instrument in the SuperDOM: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/superdom.htm

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tyler,

Thanks for your reply. What you said is what I would have expected to be the case, HOWEVER the DOM and Depth Chart do not match...that's my issue. I've attached a side-by-side image capture here for you as an example. You can clearly see the ask volume on the Depth Chart at 3941 displaying 281, while the ask on the DOM is 32. Can you help me better understand what's going on here?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The values in the Depth Chart are cumulative- in your example, the value of 281 includes the ask depth for all prices between the current ask price and 3491.0. This is the reason for the sloped appearance of the Depth Chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Cumulative, ok I see. Simple explanation. I don't know how useful this could be in a thick market like ES, but I'd love to read a use case. Otherwise, it looks pretty. Good job

Comment

Tyler, I think it'd be more useful if there was a toggle to visualize the depth by level, rather than cumulatively at each level. Can you submit a feature request?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5209. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes