Control Center window completely empty on NinjaTrader 8 Demo platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Center window completely empty on NinjaTrader 8 Demo platform

Hi, NT Newbie here so pls be gentle ! I loaded workspaces into a new NT8 install mid Feb and all was fine. Not opened for a week and yesterday was fine but had a few error messages regarding a Vendor Indicator License which I intended to resolve today, but this morning when I opened NT the Control Centre window accumulated more error (License) messages then I saw the window fill with red so I exited Control Ctr window and restarted PC as I also had some connection issues. Restarted PC and internet and data feed is fine but now when I try to open NT it only shows me the Vendor License warnings but the Control Centre window is completely blank and will not repond to any left or right clicks anywhere. Any ideas how to resolve please ?

Hello moley,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Also, please share with us a screenshot of the Vendor Licensing error message that you are referring to.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello moley,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
      • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
      • Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      Also, please share with us a screenshot of the Vendor Licensing error message that you are referring to.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I wish I could tell you which version I have but I am completely unable to open Help or any tabs from Control Center. I attach a screenshot of Control Center with Vendor Licensing error and assure you it does not repond to any cursor prompts anywhere. As I downloaded it mid Feb I am assuming it's the one previous to the update I gather you launched on March 10th ? https://www.screencast.com/t/VoEZrN9SiCG

Comment

Hello moley,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
        • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
        • Once reinstalled, you will now have 2 NinjaTrader folders in your Documents, the old one and the new one. Open two file explorer windows and open the new one in one and the old one in another.
        • Drag the following items from the old folder to the new one (folders should automatically merge)
          • Config.xml and UI.xml
          • Workspaces folder (if it asks to overwrite the _Workspaces.xml file, say yes)
          • Templates folder (if it asks to overwrite anything, say no)
          • db folder (you can overwrite any files in here)
          • bin folder (do not overwrite ANY duplicate files).
        • Once complete, restart NinjaTrader. You may get a few initial errors. Open a NinjaScript Editor and run a compile, then, if no additional errors are received, restart NinjaTrader and try again to import the strategy.
        Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I hope this screenshot I took yesterday helps. It also shows some of the error message log which just contined this morning each time I tried restarting before then turning red and then blank. Since this morning there are no messages. It shows version is 8 0 23 2 64-bit I am connected to IQ and FXCM https://www.screencast.com/t/pxGSBIXtC

Comment

Hello moley,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the instructions in my previous post to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.

After uninstalling and reinstalling using the steps in my previous post, are you still seeing the same behavior occur?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses